trade deal with Australia....there isn't one

Could the UK Govt help fund the developement prior to Brexit? wouldn't that be classed as 'state aid'? wouldn't that be against EU rules because of distorting competition.

As I said, Brexit Britain at it's best.

Didn't companies benefit from state aid when we were EU/EEC members? I'm thinking BL, Rover, British Airways, British Steel, British Rail.

Sponsored Links
In terms of size, I believe we're the fifth largest in Europe, Greece is no.4.

I believe Vinty said the 'strongest military' in Europe, that's not something I would dispute.

But you don't know what vinty thought he meant.

Didn't companies benefit from state aid when we were EU/EEC members? I'm thinking BL, Rover, British Airways, British Steel, British Rail.

No not all companies, there had to be special circumstances. There is/was too much steel produced in the EU so a bailout for British Steel wasn't on the cards. Belgium was forced to recover 211m euros it had given to it's steel industry as it was deemed illegal by the EU.
UK Gov has done a fair bit for British steel in terms of loans, big orders from railtrack, putting together investment consortiums, but direct state aid?, not that I'm aware of.
Either way, permission from the EU was required, and now it isn't.

Sponsored Links
No not all companies, there had to be special circumstances. There is/was too much steel produced in the EU so a bailout for British Steel wasn't on the cards. Belgium was forced to recover 211m euros it had given to it's steel industry as it was deemed illegal by the EU.
UK Gov has done a fair bit for British steel in terms of loans, big orders from railtrack, putting together investment consortiums, but direct state aid?, not that I'm aware of.
Either way, permission from the EU was required, and now it isn't.

The Tory govt you voted for are ideologically opposed to state aid.

it was the UK as an EU member that pushed for the tight state aid rules in place.

When the EU wanted to impose anti Chinese steel dumping rules…..the UK Tory govt voted it down.

Honestly Tory Brexit voters are such numpties

so we'll still have a trade deal in half the time the EU are projected to agree one

We will have a utterly pointless crap deal in half the time the EU would have negotiated a worthwhile deal.

By the way Australia are far far far more interested in a deal with the EU.

Not a problem, 29 out of 32 articles already agreed

thank you for admitting the Tory Brexit govt lied when it said it had a deal, it didn’t and it doesn’t.

it was just Daily Express fodder for brexers downing the Kool aid

it was the UK as an EU member that pushed for the tight state aid rules in place.

I think you'll find the state aid rules date back to the Treaty of Rome in 1957.
F*** me you're as sharp as ever Notch.

thank you for admitting the Tory Brexit govt lied when it said it had a deal, it didn’t and it doesn’t.

They said a deal has been agreed in principal, which it has. Just a matter of crossing the t's and dotting the i's on the last couple of articles.

I note we've agreed a cheeky trade deal with NZ in the time you've been banging on, misleading people about the Oz one.

utterly pointless, symbolic only

If you cared about trade you would point out the UKs biggest trade partner is the one just 30mins away.

It's not pointless, it's another step toward entry to the TPP.

I think you'll find the state aid rules date back to the Treaty of Rome in 1957.
F*** me you're as sharp as ever Notch.
Yes, far too sharp for.

try reading what I wrote, you might spot the adjective “tight”.

either you were making a deliberate strawman or you were just a comprehension deficit.

brexers gotta lie……it’s what you have to do when you’ve been conned

Sponsored Links
Back