Train services cancelled because of the hot weather!

Sponsored Links
Killer innit!
Think its due to expansion of the "hangers" a fast train might dislodge the cables.

But you would think they would install the correct ones originally....I mean we do actually get hot weather here sometimes :LOL:

Think this is really due to old age and the fact trains are faster now.

And I dont work for the railways :D

Sponsored Links
Lets stop making excuses for our rail network - it is one of the slowest and out dated in europe, america, and asia. They get cold and heat to extremes far greater than the UK, and they also have deciduous tress and bushes etc.

Lets face it, basically we have a sh*t system!

Killer innit!
Think its due to expansion of the "hangers" a fast train might dislodge the cables.
Hardly think so, there are tensioning weights every so often to accommodate expansion contraction, I would imagine more likely to be continuous welding rail buckling.

Wotan

according to my rail worker source the rails buckle in the heat and cause uneven rail surface meaning they have to either slow down or stop use altogether. some places have a 20 mph limit due to expansion.

according to my rail worker source the rails buckle in the heat and cause uneven rail surface meaning they have to either slow down or stop use altogether. some places have a 20 mph limit due to expansion.

I wondered how continous rail welding would work? Rather than the clack clack..rail travel..but the issue is overhead power rails..

I do not understand how an overhead power supply system would fail, if there is an issue, the front pantograph is retracted, to avoid the issue, where the rear pantograph is still in use, and switched if there is an issue....The heat isn't excessively more than any other country using this system on a daily basis. Network Rail are shipping in heritage locomotives, including a steam engine, to provide a normal service, when the locomotives, that have been bought, and ought to be used on these services, are underpowered, and not fit for use, and MOST have been shipped abroad, as foreign contract pay more than for use on Network Rail. And have been modified with aircon for the driver, which isn't useable on the UK network, as it breaks the UK rules..

So a locomotive less than 10 years old is shipped off to Poland, and we have a 60 yo locomotive, that was farmed off 20 years ago? That is more powerful, more reliable, and able to do the job.

Just on news, overheads sagged. Tension could not be kept to a safe degree.

No worries, I half guessed it was the issue when hearing it was due to overheads.
Yesterdays news never gave specifics.

I stand corrected.

Wotan
But if you were in the SE - you`d stand Electrocuted :mrgreen: - 600v. DC - good old 3rd. rail system. Yep people actually broke out of their sealed sauna carriages on a broken down train - and walked along next to the live rail - :eek:

I stand corrected.

Wotan
But if you were in the SE - you`d stand Electrocuted :mrgreen: - 600v. DC - good old 3rd. rail system. Yep people actually broke out of their sealed sauna carriages on a broken down train - and walked along next to the live rail - :eek:
600 volt DC that must be some amperage?

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back