training centres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering doing a short course (1 to 4 weeks) in domestic
electrics part p

my knowledge of electrics is minimal

has anyone done a similar course ? if so where was it ? how was it and how much ?

do the time served pro's think it is acheiveable to learn enough in a short time to be able to work on domestic electrics .

i am a time served plumber who served 4 years at college and i do beleive that could have been condensed down to a couple of months.

many thanks l200

Sponsored Links
hello

From my experiance 1-4 weeks is not enough for someone with minimal experiance, i currently am finishing my 2nd year 2330 and from what i understand these short courses use the same syllybus.
There is such a large spectrum of topics discussed that it would only be possible to scratch the surface of what the 2330 course teaches you, people argue that some things you will never use again after being taught it at college but i think it is the best route to go, you then have the background behind you and full understanding of the work you will be carrying out.

pdenni

thanks for your reply

how long is your course in total?

and is it 1 day week or 5 day a week?

Sponsored Links
hi

my course is one day a week for 3 years it sounds a long time but with all the half terms and holidays it goes quite quickly, be prepared for a price hike at the moment ive been paying between 4 and 500 quid a year but they are talking off tripling the prices from september as government funding has been removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back