Transexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a woman is not about reproductive capability.
It's certainly part of it.
It's like saying being a man is not about supplying the sperm.

A man identifying as a woman, and a woman identifying as a man, could have children, but not in the way they dream of, just in the way it naturally occurs.

Sponsored Links
Breastfeeding would be tricky. If these ideas were around before the 1950s, the human race would have suddenly become extinct.
Not all women are able to lactate following preganancy.

"What happens if breast milk is not coming after delivery?

Sometimes a mother has a health condition that may temporarily delay the large increase in milk production usually seen between 3 to 5 days following birth. These mothers may not begin to produce large amounts of milk until 7 to 14 days after giving birth. If this happens to you, don't feel discouraged."

A new born baby can't wait around for days or weeks for something to drink.

Sponsored Links
Tell me how you think natural conception occurs.

Interesting to see which questions Roy finds awkward.

This one he finds impossible.

Here's an interesting riddle.

A transman and a transwoman are shipwrecked on a desert island. There are no other inhabitants or visitors.

A year later, one of them has a baby. Which, and how do you know?

The rest of us find it very easy.

I suspect a few decades from now it'll be frowned upon if not illegal to refer to people as men, women, boys or girls in public. If you're thinking 'don't be daft diy_fun_uk!!' who would have thought a few decades ago we'd be where we are now around all this gender stuff.

Thankfully I'll be six feet under or dust in the wind by then.

Not all women are able to lactate following preganancy.

"What happens if breast milk is not coming after delivery?

Sometimes a mother has a health condition that may temporarily delay the large increase in milk production usually seen between 3 to 5 days following birth. These mothers may not begin to produce large amounts of milk until 7 to 14 days after giving birth. If this happens to you, don't feel discouraged."

A new born baby can't wait around for days or weeks for something to drink.

Yes. That is why in the past women in families would stick together, and if a mother could not feed a newborn a sister, mother, aunt or somebody else would take up the role. In wealthier circles people would have a wet nurse for this purpose. Men never played a role in this for very obvious reasons.

For everybody else in this situation, the baby would die. Infant deaths were very common in the old days.

Yes. That is why in the past women in families would stick together, and if a mother could not feed a newborn a sister, mother, aunt or somebody else would take up the role. In wealthier circles people would have a wet nurse for this purpose. Men never played a role in this for very obvious reasons.

For everybody else in this situation, the baby would die. Infant deaths were very common in the old days.
And a "man" could not do it, even if he wore a dress and called himself a woman.

Biology is real.

You must think it's right that we impose "models of behaviour" on children, irresespective if those models are culturally unacceptable?

You've intentionally used labels to make your point.
The question isn't about whether a man can be a mother. It's about whether a man can fufil the same roles as a mother.

To be rooted in outdated models of behaviour and not to question wy they are imposed has no positive benefit for the develpment of society.

We encourage certain types of behaviour, yes. I'm not sure what behaviour has to do with challenging biology, though.

A man can be a father, yes. He could be a mother if you were not familiar with the rules of English, but he couldn't be one in practice, as he lacks the ability to breast feed.

We should question all the time, but I am not going to question scientific fact.

Born with a c0ck you’re a man. Born with a vag you’re a women.

People like Roy are what’s wrong with modern society.
I think Roy is a troll.
He knows he is wrong but he just keeps banging on with his rubbish in order to get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back