Transformer for Showerforce 2000

The type of output should be labelled on the transformer if it is a free standing unit. Only if it is a integral part of an assembled unit could it be left un-labelled.

Transformers provide AC, if the item provides DC then it is a transformer AND rectifier or it is an electronic power supply unit.

Can you provide a photo of the old transformer where the label can be seen ?

24V ~ suggests AC

24V = suggests DC

Thanks for reply Bernard. Photos below. So with the "~" it looks like 24V AC output. Is this a standard convention?

Sponsored Links
Yes, looks like a standard transformer AC/AC with no additional regulation of the voltage. It looks like the grey wires go direct from the windings to the two exposed terminals on the side?

Have you tested the new fuse, since you tried it in the tranny? Has that also blown?

Cannot determine if that fuse is on the mains or the 24V side of the transformer. I'm guessing its on the mains input side.

Yes, looks like a standard transformer AC/AC with no additional regulation of the voltage. It looks like the grey wires go direct from the windings to the two exposed terminals on the side?

Have you tested the new fuse, since you tried it in the tranny? Has that also blown?

Cannot determine if that fuse is on the mains or the 24V side of the transformer. I'm guessing its on the mains input side.

I have tested the new fuse since I tried it in the tranny and that has not blown. The fuse is a small glass fuse. I have tried to read the markings on the end of it and I think it says 5A/250V but very tricky to see even under good light and with magnifying glass. The fuse holder is the black plastic thing on the right of this picture - on the opposite side to the 2 output terminals.

If you peer through the grill, can you see the wires that go to the output terminals?

Does one of them attach to that fuse. If so the fuse is on the output side. And in that case, the reason that the fuse has not blown is because you tried it with the shower disconnected. I'll bet that is you reconnect teh shower then the fuse will blow, indicating a fault with the shower, not the transformer.

Sponsored Links
If you peer through the grill, can you see the wires that go to the output terminals?

Does one of them attach to that fuse. If so the fuse is on the output side. And in that case, the reason that the fuse has not blown is because you tried it with the shower disconnected. I'll bet that is you reconnect teh shower then the fuse will blow, indicating a fault with the shower, not the transformer.

The fuse is on the output side. I will try what you suggest tomorrow. Should I not get a reading on a multimeter from the output terminals though if the tranny is OK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back