Travertine Tiles and Oak...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I'm ready to be shot down in flames, I have the scarf and the goggles on..

Is it possible to fix trvertine tiles 16" x 16" to an Oak freestanding Cabinet. basically I bought this cabinet for the shower room a while ago and it has a hole in the top for a sink but the hole is in the wrong place and its too small anyway, so I was thinking I have some spare tiles I used on the walls that I'd like to use on the cabinet top to cover the hole make the top a bit more moisture friendly and kind of match the shower room. I can drill a hole where I want it afterwards then seal the tiles and fit the sink.

Good idea or go and sit in the naughty corner?

Sponsored Links
Have seen it done , looks neat if the top is routed to drop the tiles into giving them a timber 'frame'.

Have seen it done , looks neat if the top is routed to drop the tiles into giving them a timber 'frame'.
I like the sound of that, I had considered edging it first to give that impression but the top is thick enough to route out a recess for the tiles, that would also help with the connections underneath i.e. the trap.

You've inspired my creativity, I'm pretty handy with a router so I might embellish a bit, route out and leave a 1cm border, then create a marquetry edge 5mm wide about 3cm in from the inside edge of the border. Sketchup plan to follow later lol!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back