Redoing my bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an ancient style bathroom with carpets on top of chipwood (we just bought the house). Now I have discovered a stain of black mold on the carpet - no wonder why - and I would like to get rid of the carpet. The bathroom contains a toilet pot, a sink basin, a bathtub and a shower cabinet with its own drain, out of which I want to replace the toilet, the bathtub and the shower cabinet.

I would like to tile the floor, remove the shower cabinet and turn it into a freestanding shower so that the drain is on the floor (and it will be easier to clean the floor).

My main issue is that I understand I should not tile directly on top of the chipboard but to install plywood first. I would like some advice or links to websites or videos explaining how to do the drain for the shower in this case.

Any advice will be appreciated, as well as instructions as to remove the shower cubicle, the sink and the bathtub. I've found instructions for removing the toilet. We have another toilet but this is our only shower, so we would at least need to get the shower done over a weekend to be able to use it.

Sponsored Links
is this a ground floor or 1st floor?

whats under the chipboard?...suspended floor/floating floor/block&beam etc...
if not sure lift the chipboard and have a look...

then come back with more info. and will take it from there.

tictic is right, so do answer his questions.

for a general idea have a look at http://www.nomoreply.net/kaskade.htm.

there are loads like this around, but it should help to understand the general principles of whats involved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back