Travis Perkins deliveries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a few deliveries from these guys and just about every time they deliver sheet material e.g. plasterboard, flooring etc, they put them on a teensy pallet so the grab straps dig in and mess up the lowest sheet. The number of damaged deliveries is getting silly. Just wondering if this is the norm. Should I:

a) Just order loads extra knowing that I'll send back the damaged ones - bit annoying when you only want one of something.

b) Find another supplier (TP are cheap, that's the problem).

c) Just keep getting them to come out and replace stuff that arrives damaged.

To be fair I've had no problems getting damaged items replaced, and not been charged for it, but it's still a bother to have to take two deliveries for every lot of goods ordered. I'd like to know if this is just something I have to live with or do other suppliers take better care?

cheers,
S

Sponsored Links
There all the same,items missing,items damaged missed delivery the list goes on can get difficult keeping up

Not all branches are the same. With my local TP sheet materials usually come on a 6x3' pallet and the last lot of platerboard I had off them came with a complimentary scrap piece of 9mm ply as the bottom sheet. I even phoned them up once when I realised I had ordered the wrong sizes of insulation boards and the hiab had already left the yard. They went back and swapped the materials over.

It's not all good though - trying to get some non-stock items ordered in has proven difficult in the past. They've gone to the wrong branch, arrived with the wrong items, or been damaged on arrival. The local staff are excellent though.

Had a TP delivery the other day, bloke was lifting the pallet with 30 bags of cement on.

Just as it was lifted off the truck, the pallet broke, dumping bags of cement over my van... :confused:

Also two deck boards where damaged.

Sponsored Links
My TP (Eastleigh) Just fine... Load of caber floor - no lost edges - oh and about a tonne of timber on top - no problems.

My TP (Eastleigh) Just fine... Load of caber floor - no lost edges - oh and about a tonne of timber on top - no problems.

Funnily enough, the caber floor was getting on my nerves in particular. I could use some of the messed up bits at the edges but only so many.

Anyhow, the responses indicate I should try another branch, luckily there are a couple of others nearby.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sign the delivary sheet as unchecked for damages thats what i do on my sites and make sure the material is checked within 48 hours then go back to the suplier if theres any defects , sit and add up all the damaged boards youve had over the years and you have a pallet.

Damage is the bain of my life on sites im a site manager not a child minder lol.

by the way i use tp just because they cheap doesnt mean you should suffer loss of material.

Nice to see a sight manager who cares... Sends me crazy seeing some of the stuff that is wasted on commercial sites. Were a small company and we waste pretty much nothing. I have to admit, we do have a lockup full of rather odd stuff, but it get's used in the end !

small company also do some larger jobs , and snap we have a yard full of bits and bobs lol waste not want not.i just brought in outside labour on my recent project and let the guys sheet out 1 house i went mad the wast was unbelievable me and my squad would have not that amount of waste doing te full site of 5 houses let alone one.was very unhappy bunny that day

Sponsored Links
Back