Travis Perkins Moulded 6 Panel Light Glazed Internal Door - Lock Block???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was planning to hang one of these today:

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Moulded-6-Panel-Light-Glazed-Internal-Door/p/9000181824

However, I can't determine which side the lock block is on. The instructions state that it should be stamped on the top of the door, however there's nothing there beyond some info on the door size and a sticker - neither seem to indicate where the block is.

I've tried tapping down each side, but it sounds the same in each instance. I've also tried 2 x pilot holes per side, but again, there didn't seem to be any difference.

Is it possible that the door has a block on both sides?

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Is the stamp on the bottom?

On that kind of door, the block is probably on the central rail.

You can drill a small hole on the edge and push a piece of wire in. The edge is easily filled and painted and less visible than the face.

Nothing on the top or bottom. I've also drilled 3 x pilot holes in each side (top middle & bottom of the area in which the block should be) and tried poking a thin screwdriver in - it reaches 50mm in each hole and feels like I'm still pushing into wood, so I can only assume there is a block on each side.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back