Treacle Tart

Sponsored Links
did you watch the cookery program last night then?

heston blumenthal and his liquid nitrogen cooking style

he made treacle tart using tate & lyles golden syrup because he could not make a better treacle himself :eek: :eek:

just coincidence then ??

twilight zone music playing in the background :D

Sponsored Links
Same reason treacle sponge doesn't have treacle on it I guess

am i missing something here? the last treacle tart i had (kipling/lyles) had plenty of treacle in it. too much in fact. And theres always plenty of treacle in my mums home made treacle sponges. Dont know which side of the poverty line u's lot are on. :eek:

Is this thread based on the pedants arguing that golden syrup and treacle are 2 seperate entities? :rolleyes:

What's pedantic about that? They are different.

Fowlers vs. Lyles.

blacktreacle.jpg
goldensyrup.jpg

;)

The stuff in the right container - i'd call that treacle. that stuff on the left . . . wtf? BLACK treacle? Bit racist, IMO. Wheres Rupe?

:LOL:

For the record, i have heard of black treacle. I would call the stuff on the right treacle, and the stuff on the left black treacle, as it says. Anyone else think like this? Its what my mum always told me.

Lyle's is partially inverted refiner's syrup, as I'm sure you know.

The "Black Treacle" has been rebranded to the Lyle's name, the red tin was formerly "Fowler's Treacle" and contains more molasses and has a slightly higher mineral content. It is less processed, thicker and more sticky.

I can only assume your mother was brought up North of Guildford.

it's bad for you, rots your teeth stop eating the stuff and have fruit and veg instead

notb665 said:
Why do treacle tarts have no treacle in them?

for the same reason

there is no chelsea in a chelsea bun

no bath in a bath bun

no rock in a rock cake

no christmas in a christmas pud

nothing swiss about a swiss bun

Sponsored Links
Back