Treatment for 'Canadia' antique oak solid flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably one for WoodYouLike - I have looked at the Wiki and previous postings but haven't found what I am looking for. Apologies if I have missed anything !

We had 'Canadia' brand solid 'antique' oak boards fitted in our hall about six months ago. Perfect job - no complaints on that score. However, the installer suggested asking the manufacturers how the wood should be 'treated' but I can't find a website for them and there was nothing helpful on the boxes the boards came in. Should the boards be oiled or what ? They have a very slight sheen to them already. Also the people who installed a new staircase got a bit of glue on a couple of the boards - it is not a raised piece, just a dull mark. How best to get that up, please ?

Most grateful for any pointers you can give.

Sponsored Links
I guess the installer meant treated for maintenance, I do hope your floor came pre-finished (most installers won't leave you with an unfinished, unprotected against dirt and drips wood floor - but I could be wrong?!?).

See here for maintenance guidance.

Thank you very much for speedy reply, WYL, and also for sending the maintenance guide. I printed it off immediately....

Yes, the boards are 'finished'. I will do the 'test' to see if they are lacquered or waxed. I bought a bottle of Canadia's own Floor Cleaner ('lightly spray and wipe clean with mop'). My feeling is that they are lacquered, my doubts arose because the sheen is minimal but it could be just a satin or semi-matt lacquer. It is not scuffed or scratched so far but we haven't had winter yet ! I'll stock up on mats. ;)

Again many thanks for the guide.

Francine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back