Trend Hinge Jigs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there much between them (a/b/c)?

Looking at picking one up soon. The two part jigs are obviously more portable but is there any trade off for that? Do they all work just as well?

Sponsored Links
The metal jigs are more durable than the plastic one. The 2-part needd to be checked for straightness a lot as bumping it can cause it to flex in the middle a bit. Note that these jigs are fixed into the rebate using a pair of 2.5 or 3mm awls so you must be OK with getting a couple of holes there. Not the easiest to.use when hanging new doors in old openings and deffo won't handle door openings under 6ft. Overall goodish. Would buy the 1-piece metal were I to start again down this track

Good to know.. i was worried about potential weakness and the skeleton one especially looked a bit iffy. I've just started into price work and see i'm wasting my time without all these jigs..

Can't say that i do a lot of swinging doors that way now - most main/joinery contractors I've worked for have gone down the path of pre-hung door sets in the last 5 to 10 years. One offs i still do by marking out, roughing out the majority of the rècesses with a (laminate) trimmer then finishing with a sharp chisel. The one piece metal jig is definitely better tham the plastic one, but you need a big van to carry it as it is about the same size as a 2m spirit level

Sponsored Links
Yeah i've had that on a couple of jobs, much easier but there seems to be money in this for a while. Ordered all the jigs now and lucky enough i still have the trend t4 been gathering dust for years. Laminate/chisel was how i got by this last week so with talk of 8 months work will be nice to get running smoothly with the jigs and make them pay. For the sake of adjustability i went with the non-adaptor type lock jig. Not sure how deep the fittings are on this job but will look at the drill clamp if it seems like it'd speed things up much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back