trianco contractor oil HE EXTERNAL COMBI 110

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - New to the site, I am trying to find out about a Trianco External boiler and what are the general feeling are towards these? I have a Worcester heat slave, but due to extensions and the age of the boiler, looking to upgrade and go external?

Any comments from the plumbing world would be good much appreciated?

Many thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Hi Oilhead - many thanks for the quick response, your opinion much appreciated, looking on other sites they said the Grant;s are the one for external. So that the way I m going. Many thanks again Gary
:D

The construction of external and internal boilers are virtually
identical they don't even bother to up the insulation!
I would just dump your current one outside and fire it up.
You can add a frost thermostat easily inside the boiler.

I like the warmflows myself.

Sponsored Links
well that a new one, no one has mentioned that before, are you saying that my boiler can be placed outside without (or very little conversion/alteration) surely I would have to make a steel/waterproof box (accessible of course) and ensure the electric's are water tight? and just bring the controls inside we only use the ones on the boiler at present? any body got any further thoughts on this? as this would save me a packet? many thanks Gary

I think he was pulling your Leg....or at least I sincerely hope he was!!
Go for the Grant - best oil fired boiler on the market!! ;)

well that a new one, no one has mentioned that before, are you saying that my boiler can be placed outside without (or very little conversion/alteration) surely I would have to make a steel/waterproof box (accessible of course) and ensure the electric's are water tight? and just bring the controls inside we only use the ones on the boiler at present? any body got any further thoughts on this? as this would save me a packet? many thanks Gary

A light covering will be fine.
I've see lots of oil boilers put into little coal sheds that are virtually nothing.
If your boiler has electric controls on the front you'll need to protect them from the weather. But you already own the boiler and these things
are built to last. Go for it.

I think dcawkwell you are not kidding- so plumbers what if? I put my boiler outside and glued 100mm of celetex/kingspan around the sides and top and made a metal sleeve to fit over it, with hole of course for the flue and pipes. The front would also have a 100mm insulation but with a detachable water tight door, all out of metal of course. Also as I live in a graded house I must built a flint wall to disguise the boiler, this also would have a top and door. all pipework would be lagged and the controls brought inside? This is only a suggestion?

Many thanks Gary

I think dcawkwell you are not kidding- so plumbers what if? I put my boiler outside and glued 100mm of celetex/kingspan around the sides and top and made a metal sleeve to fit over it, with hole of course for the flue and pipes. The front would also have a 100mm insulation but with a detachable water tight door, all out of metal of course. Also as I live in a graded house I must built a flint wall to disguise the boiler, this also would have a top and door. all pipework would be lagged and the controls brought inside? This is only a suggestion?

Many thanks Gary

I would just put a couple of block walls up. Perhaps a couple
of pavers for a cover and a door.
The flue will go directly out of the block wall facing away from the house.
Pipes goes through wall and connect up to where the boiler originally was
assuming you are doing that.
Sorted.

As long as your cover is watertight, then no problem. Just remember to add a frost stat to the controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back