Trianco Eurostar Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

please can someone help, heating and hot water working on Xmas day. Switched off the heating and water and went out for the night. Arrived back on Boxing day at mid day, turned on the hearing and water as the house was freezing, and nothing happened.

The boiler does nothing, it does not attempt to fire up, but the pump is running. I have pressed reset and checked the pressure in the system, which reading exactly as it should.

The boiler is of course oil powered, and sits outside, there are two pipes running up the wall and into the building, from the boiler. Is it likely at they have frozen and when they thaw, the system will work again? Or is it more likely something else. Oh, and I do have oil.

Please help as it is not nice to have no heating at at this time of year......

Thanks,

Thomas.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks, can you shed any more light on the rest of the post please, is it likely to have frozen and will it work when it thaws?

if the oil line has frozen your boiler would be at LOCK OUT (on the Burner) as it isn't we can safely say that your fuel has not frozen (Kerosine freezes at -48'c so it would have to be BL***y cold!!) ;)

Does the burner try to fire,is the burner lock button glowing red...if it is then press it and see wot happens. BTW this not the same button as the reset one

Can you suggest what it could be? The oil has not frozen, but the water going into the house and round the rads migh, would it cause the boiler to not even try to start?

it seems odd everying worked one day and not the next when it was not in use?

Do you have any ideas, is my first post right?

Thanks.

Nothing happens when I turn on the heating or hot water. The pump runs, but the burner does not even try to fire.

I have pressed the reset button, nothing. I don,t think I have a hot water lock out button though.

Right,have you pressed both buttons...If nothing happens after that,call an Engineer

The pump running would indicate there's a switch live which should also fire the burner.
As said you should have two resets - the one on the burner control box and the one under the panel.
have you pressed both? were either lit up/popped out?

I have never seen a lit button or any bulbs on the box at all. The only button I have ever seen is the reset button.

Thank you thank thank you. I found this tiny little red button on the water temp control, doesn,t even look like a button, but it obviously was caue it worked.

tesserae, heat at last.

TY all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back