Trianco Redfyre 15/19 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a R.G.I and today after power flushing a very old system,i had problems starting the boiler. The boiler tries to fire but does not ignite, it then goes to lock out. It was working when i got their, but cycling on and off due to sludge. I informed the customer that i could smell fuel and that i should be left off untill it is serviced by an oftec engineer.She said it had not been serviced for a while. I did have a slight spillage of water when i diconnected the hose pipes, but not enough i thought to cause faults. After a few lighting attempts the smell got worse so i stoped. is it possible to flood it with oil. Their are no visable signs of oil leaking, all feed backs appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well water spilt on control boxes doesn't help. If it's on the HT leads, that won't help either. If it hasn't been serviced "for a while", that sounds like it is due for one. Save yourself a lot of grief and tell the customer to get someone in. You can flood it with oil, and dealing with that is a pain the first time, after that it's just another thing to fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back