Trianco Solid fuel issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the chimney is blocked it cuts power to boiler It's called the "Fume Switch"
How old is boiler !

You may hear the stabiliser flapping when it is windy. This is normal !!

Sponsored Links
Also what would you regard as the best setting for the dial on the door in the picture as I’ve been given different information

Attachments

• 308F3438-C545-474F-A29E-66A401D112CB.jpeg
    308F3438-C545-474F-A29E-66A401D112CB.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 93
The boiler is less than 4 years old .
Oh ok , so should that door be open or closed when it’s not windy ty

It is designed to maintain the correct draught through the boiler so it will adjust as needed.

You say that you were not told to make sure it pivots freely !!

LOOK ON THE HOPPER DOOR !!!!!!! And put your spec's on !!

Sponsored Links
Ok will do lol . Listen seriously thank you for taking the time to give me advice , it’s very much appreciated .
We will turn the heating off tonight and see if the bubbling and banging stops . Fingers crossed

Let me know. There are a couple more things that could be contributing.

Will do ty so much. My wife has just said that the swinging door on our trianco is different to the one she had at a previous house by the fact it’s hinged near the bottom so doesn’t swing very much whereas at the last house it was hinged in the middle and almost rotated . Just info from her lol

Hi Terry . Well your a game changer . We had 70 mile an hour winds last night and still have . We put the heating on timer and while it was off the water didn’t bubble once . I’m not saying it won’t ( yet ) but with winds like these I would have expected it . Fingers crossed it remains this way . I’m not at work today so leaving heating on timer ( off until 4pm ) and will see how it behaves . Thank you again so much for your advice . Regards fella

Hi terry . So pleased up till now . No issues , unbelievable what we’ve paid to have done and no one said about that door . Hoping it remains that way so fingers crossed . I’ll be in touch if anything changes but in the meantime a huge ty from the wife and I

Hi terry . So pleased up till now . No issues , unbelievable what we’ve paid to have done and no one said about that door . Hoping it remains that way so fingers crossed . I’ll be in touch if anything changes but in the meantime a huge ty from the wife and I

And they call themselves "Engineers".......More like "Charlatans" !!

I am a mere Plumber !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your problem is your idle flap is open too wide open fan door look over the top of fan you will see two screws turn first screw anti clock one full turn this should cure it if it then goes out turn it anti clock half a turn alternately take fan off make sure closed position of fan is 3mm open is 8 mm if you live in a high or low draft area this can differ by a couple of mm hope this helps

By the way terrywookfit your advice about lifting fuel regulator up one hole completely cured my problem I had another problem I knew my thermostat needed changing done that raised regulator plate one hole my boiler is running better than the day it was put in owe you one terrywookfit

THIS THREAD IS FROM 10 Mar 2021
Please please please help . We have had an ongoing situation with our heating for a while now and different solutions are now making any difference . I’ll try to explain as best I can .
We load our trianco boiler with anthrosite every night . The problem we have is that we have to leave the heating on constant , this is because every time we put it on timer and the central heating goes off for a while the water in the tank gets roasting hot and bubbles and bangs fairly loud to the point where it starts piling out the overflow pipe . We’ve put new seals on the doors to the boiler ( no difference ) . We’ve had a new towel rail fitted to act as an extra heat source which I’m told is the first in line ( no difference ) .
We really are at our wits end as not only costing us plenty in coal/anthrosite , the house is getting far too warm . Don’t know what else to do now . Please someone help
Sounds like your air supply flap is open too wide open your fan door look over the top of your fan you will see two screws the nearest one to you turn anti clock one turn if this is too much and boiler goes out turn clock
Please please please help . We have had an ongoing situation with our heating for a while now and different solutions are now making any difference . I’ll try to explain as best I can .
We load our trianco boiler with anthrosite every night . The problem we have is that we have to leave the heating on constant , this is because every time we put it on timer and the central heating goes off for a while the water in the tank gets roasting hot and bubbles and bangs fairly loud to the point where it starts piling out the overflow pipe . We’ve put new seals on the doors to the boiler ( no difference ) . We’ve had a new towel rail fitted to act as an extra heat source which I’m told is the first in line ( no difference ) .
We really are at our wits end as not only costing us plenty in coal/anthrosite , the house is getting far too warm . Don’t know what else to do now . Please someone help
Air supply too high open fan door you should see two screws turn nearest one too you anti clock one turn if too much and boiler goes out turn back clock half a turn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back