Trianco coal boiler

Sponsored Links
I have a Trianco TRG45 gravity feed boiler. Its been working fine but now goes out regularly!!! It does not boost back up to full burning from slumber.
If the boiler has been on slumber due to the water being at temperature when a call for heat is made the burn will not boost up again.
A few shakes of the ash mover reveals glowing coal which it i put a few sticks will reignite the boiler to normal working.
The chimney and all flue including the second air feed have been cleaned. I use prebagged coal so even tried some older bags from a different delivery.
Any ideas what is the problem?
I have the TRG 60 with similar problems mine was either overheating going out I also had unburnt fuel 3 things to do open your fan door you will see 2 screws over the top of fan the nearest screw to you turn clockwise one turn this should stop you

I have the TRG 60 with similar problems mine was either overheating going out I also had unburnt fuel 3 things to do open your fan door you will see 2 screws over the top of fan the nearest screw to you turn clockwise one turn this should stop you
Given that this post is almost a year old, I should imagine they've fixed it by now

I have a Trianco TRG45 gravity feed boiler. Its been working fine but now goes out regularly!!! It does not boost back up to full burning from slumber.
If the boiler has been on slumber due to the water being at temperature when a call for heat is made the burn will not boost up again.
A few shakes of the ash mover reveals glowing coal which it i put a few sticks will reignite the boiler to normal working.
The chimney and all flue including the second air feed have been cleaned. I use prebagged coal so even tried some older bags from a different delivery.
I know what your problem is open your fan door take off the fan isolate first make sure the fan settings are 3mm when closed 8 mm when open put back then go to your regulator plate in the hopper lift it up 1 hole it is difficult because of all the tiny bits of slack at back of plate keep tapping I had identical problem to you my boiler now runs better than the day it was put in hope this helps

Sponsored Links
I know this is an old. Thread but feel I have to comment for anybody suffering similar problems isolate take off fan make fan flap settings are 3mn on idle 8mm on open then go into your hopper and lift regulator flap up one hole in my experience this will cure all problems it did mine anyway

I know this is an old. Thread

It is and the against the forum rules to resurrect them. Start a new thread and link to the old ones if you want but you keep bringing up old threads and giving the same answer/advice.

The fuel we get now isn't of the quality of the Welsh anthracite we used to get I had this problem a while back I I cured this problem by lifting fuel regulator plate up a hole it's quite difficult. Because the small bits of fuel get stuck the back of the plate have to tap it a lot p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back