Trianco 12 / 14 Oil Fired Boiler Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this site, looks like a hive of good information and good people, hopefully someone will be able to help!

My Trianco 12 / 14 Oil Fired boiler isn't working. It tries to fire up, starts to roar and then you can hear a clicking - then it locks out after about 30 seconds. I have pressed the lock out reset button a few times in the last few days and it's got the thing going again, but it then goes to lock out again after about 20 minutes - most of the time though, you hit the lock out reset button and it just does the 30 seconds, roar, click and lock out.

The tank is full and the line is bled so we know it's not an air bubble in the fuel pipe. It was working fine up until about 2 days ago. Does any one know what it might be?

As a bit of background, there is a pencil note on the inside of the boiler housing door to say nozzle replaced in 1994, we've only lived here for 18 months so I don't know if it has been changed between 1994 and before we moved in. My research has also thrown up that it might be the solenoid coil gone, but I really don't know.

Any help or advice anyone can provide would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks very much.

Cliff

Sponsored Links
Is there a strong smell of oil when strikes up,? this would suggest that the nozzle is not atomising therefore igniting and then lockout

Hi Slapper

There is a bit of a whiff, not a great deal but you can smell it a bit. It has fired occassionaly when I've hit the lock out reset button but only for about 20 mins, and then cuts out.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its sounds very much like fuel problem,either nozzle or air in the oil system,the reason its clicking is because the photo cell is trying to establish the flame back to the control box. Either way you need an oilman to sort it for you.

Theres no easy way with oil,if you mess with it too much you could upset the combustion process.HTH

Has the boiler had a clean out recently, and have you seen any smoke at the chimney?
I've never heard of the Trianco 12/14....Have you the correct identification of it?
John :)

Has the boiler had a clean out recently, and have you seen any smoke at the chimney?
I've never heard of the Trianco 12/14....Have you the correct identification of it?

You must be a youngster BM.

They did make a 12/14 in the late eighties.

If I remember correctly it was fitted with D42 and Inter 99/109 burners.

Terrywookfit";p="1478347 said:
John :)[/quote

You must be a youngster BM.

They did make a 12/14 in the late eighties.

If I remember correctly it was fitted with D42 and Inter 99/109 burners.

Thanks for that Terry - I just don't have any data for that one, I thought the OP may have been referring to a Redfyre.
Aye, at 56 I'm nowt but a young 'un :p

Thanks for your advice everyone, I've got an Engineer coming out to have a look. Forgive the term, it's a bit of an old boiler, but we're moving soon so I don't want to replace it!

You've met the missus then :p (ow!)
The engineer needs to check the pump pressure, and do a flue gas analysis....once the boiler and burner is cleaned out. I would also replace the nozzle if its that old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back