Trickle fan needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a bathroom fan that runs on trickle.

Not too concerned about the noise, but I'd like the price to be around £50 - willing to go to £100 if necessary.

I actually want to install it in the cellar to create a bit more air flow, and help with the still air smell.

Sponsored Links
Most I have seen run on leccy :p

When you say trickle, how do you mean, why not just fit high and low vents to promote circulaton?

By trickle, I mean the fan is constantly running (trickling). Usually they also have a boost mode that is attached to the light switch or a moisture sensor, but i don't really care about that for the cellar, however that is what I have in my bathroom.

I already have air bricks all around the old victorian property, but for some reason there still isn't that much air flow. At one point a few months ago i do recall the smell of fresh air circulating down there and it was nice, after I cleared all the air bricks. Nothing much has changed since then, and the air smells a big stagnant - so i want to promote a bit more circulation.

I doubt it's a common thing to do, but I can't see any harm in it.

I know about 'trickle vents" in uPVC double glazing but not heard of an electrical extract like you describe. It makes sense though, if running costs are feasible? I'm thinking I've seen/heard similar in pub toilets. This is probably one for the electrical forum!

Sponsored Links
Try googling passive ventilation , might cost you a bit more than a £100 though.

I seen an extractor that runs off an app off your phone, I didn't really take much notice but may be worth a Google.

Screwfix item number 59744.
1p under your upper budget!

I've got two and they're great.
You can get them on eBay cheaper too, but obviously no warranty.

Yes, but they're:
a) Rubbish
and
b) Noisy
and
c) Not constant running

OP, search for 'DMEV extractor' and you'll get all of the 'always on' fans coming back.

Can anyone recommend a bathroom fan that runs on trickle.

Not too concerned about the noise, but I'd like the price to be around £50 - willing to go to £100 if necessary.

I actually want to install it in the cellar to create a bit more air flow, and help with the still air smell.

You can acheive this with this Vent Axia product: http://www.vent-axia.com/range/lo-carbon-centra.html

you just set the speed you require by moving a jumper and you can wire in a boost switch if you wish. There are a lot of other products out there that can do this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back