Trickle vents for conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any one explain the regulations with regards to trickle vents for a conservatory?
It is a new addition and is just over 32sq Meters. All I can see from the regulations is that it seems if the adjoining room has no vent that you can vent it from the conservatory. In my circumstance the room that adjoins the conservatory already has window vents and a large wall vent due to having a log burner so not sure if I need vents in the conservatory and if I do what size would they be?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Passive ventilation can be achieved by means other than TV's. Wall vents for instance with hit and miss screens. Not sure about how 30m+ conny reg's apply though.

If the conservatory is not exempt from building control, then the inner room will need to be ventilated to external, and not via another room or conservatory.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply's. Noseall, I won't have any wall that isn't glass that is on an external wall so It looks like if I do need vents they will have to be in the door frames.
Woody, as the conservatory is over 30sqm it isn't exempt from building control and as per my original post the inner (existing) room is already well ventilated but I still don't know if the conservatory needs it own vent and if so how big? If it was an extension would it need vents ie 8000sq mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back