Trickle ventilation. Planning doesn't like me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone might have an answer to this. I have been looking but it's really not clear.
I have a boundary wall meaning fire proof windows at the side of the house, meaning trickle vents required elsewhere as windows are sealed units. My kitchen is open plan so do I need a trickle vent in the kitchen when the living room window has trickle vents. Thanks in advance. Hope someone knows.

Attachments

• kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure whats going on but ...

Intumescent vents are available. Kitchens need mechanical extract ventilation. Rooms (ie open plan rooms) need background ventilation sized for the total floor area, not just "a trickle vent" in windows.

Appreciate you taking the time to help. Looking into the points you've made.

Not sure what new work is being proposed but ventilation comes under building regulations not Planning.

Sponsored Links
oops. good point. Title should have been 'building regulations person doesn't like me'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back