trike not charging continued

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if the wire on the D terminal on the regulator came off would this depolarize the unit? and cause it to not charge. and then would you have to repolarize the dynamo? if so how would you do this :rolleyes: the regulator is the new upgrade 9 190 040 099E and asfar as i can see you cant open it. :?:

Sponsored Links
You only polarize after fitting a new dynamo, to ensure its for positive or negative earth. As you know even a loose connection on the D wire will reduce output.

The big problem with the dynamo was the need for relatively high revs to obtain quite low output

Is it charging?
Measure battery voltage then start up and rev the engine, see if the voltage goes up?

Pity you cant just bolt the alternator on that was fitted to the later models (1303 I think) instead of the dynamo.

You only polarize after fitting a new dynamo, to ensure its for positive or negative earth. As you know even a loose connection on the D wire will reduce output.

The big problem with the dynamo was the need for relatively high revs to obtain quite low output

Is it charging?
Measure battery voltage then start up and rev the engine, see if the voltage goes up?

Pity you cant just bolt the alternator on that was fitted to the later models (1303 I think) instead of the dynamo.
It is charging now for some reason i put the clocks back on bars and all other stuff and the bloody thing started charging agian cant see why as all earth and other conections where ok well it works again now vw's have will of there own :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back