Trimming back a concrete lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am erecting a conservatory with Edwardian roof. One of the roof wall plates / starter bar cuts across a concrete lintel over a window.

The problem is that the lintel projects from the wall by about 15mm - not good for a wall plate that needs to be flush with the wall!

What would be the best way to cut / grind down the lintel so it is flush. Obviously is only needs cutting down across the corner where the wall plate passes through

I thank you for any help, this being my first post to the forum

Sponsored Links
Ive uploaded a photo:

i hope it works, I'm not sure if I did it correctly

you will see from the photo that the concrete lintel projects about 15mm from the wall, the conservatory roof wall plate has to be flush to the wall and passes through the corner of the of the lintel - you may be able to see the pencil marks on the lintel that shows the channel I need to take out of the lintel to make it (the channel) flush with the brickwork so that the wall plate sits flat on the wall

A few scores with an angle grinder and chop with a hammer and bolster.

Rebar should be tucked away hopefully.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back