Trimming down door help!

Oh my giddy aunt. What a mess. I hope you kicked your "partner" in the goolies for that.

If I was close by, for a modest charge I would cut off the bottom of the door and fit a replacement strip along at exactly the right height then encourage you to repaint the door. Or I would fit a new door for you.

Sponsored Links
Well you're definitely a glass half full person ("or there will be a large gap under the door")! The flooring doesn't look that well finished either (sorry :oops:). I think you'd be better replacing and getting your partner to pay for it, certainly wouldn't let him/her loose with a circular saw you'd probably lose a leg.

Hasn't anyone heard of "rising Butt Hinges"? There's no need to cut a door, just fit these hinges and the door will lift up from the floor as it opens. An added benefit is that you can simply lift the door off the hinges when doing any future work. They're also a lot cheaper than a jig saw or circular saw if you don't already have one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back