Trimming floor tiles back to door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my tilers have left me with this in the door threshold… I’m not sure of my options as the tiles don’t meet up to the same level of the door casing so it’s not possible to put a Z bar threshold in place..

Im not keen on grinding a line across it to make it straight for multiple reasons but what other options do I have?

thanks

Attachments

• 69B076E9-00B6-4A43-81D1-85D3DC61C321.jpeg
    69B076E9-00B6-4A43-81D1-85D3DC61C321.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
Z bar threshold should work, you may well need to trim the door, it looks very close to the floor.

Sponsored Links
looks to me like a z will fit there. I suspect they most likely left it because the door will need trimming . I’m yet to meet a tiler who doesn’t mind removing and cutting oak doors.

Tile blade on a grinder .Easy to cut , vacuum as you go.I use a Bosch mini circular saw with tile blade , has vacuum attachment .

Multitool with a tile cutter, slower, but nothing like the same dust kicking into the air

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back