Tripping Circuit Breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I had a wardrobe fitted on friday and noticed on saturday morning that my heating hadnt come on. Checked my electric and the heating circuit breaker had tripped. Flipped it back on and was ok until this afternoon when ive found its tripped again. Back on again but obviously something wrong. It may be linked to the wardrobe being fitted but no way to prove that. It may be coincidence but any way I can track what's causing it to trip? We only know by the house getting cold and then notice the heating programmer has no power.

Sponsored Links
Is the wardrobe fixed to the wall?

Is the room it's in upstairs or down?

Called the fitter who said he didnt drill the walls so maybe a coincidence. When it went off I noticed our outdoor spotlights were also off so some cowboy may of put them on the same main marked as heating. If that is the case it could be water getting in one of those I suppose? Been living here 18months and not had an issue before. If it trips again I could try turning off the outside lights at it's mains socket in the garage but not sure how long to wait. As I said when i flipped the breaker back its been ok for over 24 hrs.

What type of breaker is tripping ?
RCD
RCBO
MCB
Post Picture if unsure.

Sponsored Links
When it went off I noticed our outdoor spotlights were also off so some cowboy may of put them on the same main marked as heating.
Merely didn't alter the label. You can do it.

If that is the case it could be water getting in one of those I suppose?
Not likely to trip an MCB; maybe an RCCB or RCBO.

Been living here 18months and not had an issue before. If it trips again I could try turning off the outside lights at it's mains socket in the garage but not sure how long to wait. As I said when i flipped the breaker back its been ok for over 24 hrs.
Can only test by leaving off and then leaving on.

Might possibly be full of water.

Its an mt110 mcb. What I have also just noticed is that my electric meter for my solar panels is flashing LCD so perhaps that went off when the heating mcb flipped. It's flipped twice now but been ok for last 24 hours.
Now need to also work out how to reset the solar meter!

It’s tripped today so I’ve flipped it back but.switched the outside lights off via fused switch in the garage. Problem is how long I leave them off as it hasn’t tripped for a couple of days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back