Trition Electric Shower Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Everyone!

I did some snooping around the forum and the best fix I could find is replacing the PRD.

The problem I am having is that water is leaking directly from the shower hose unit, I changed/removed the hose and the water is dripping directly from that pipe constantly.

I am not sure could it really be the PRD? The water is continuously dripping from that pipe, whenever the PRD is on or off... It also looks pretty new, the black ball is still inside, as well as the black rubber washer etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
triton_enrich_enrich.jpg

It is number 8 on the diagram.

The shower is about 7 years old.

Sponsored Links
The PRD is a safety device to bypass the flexible shower hose, should the hose become blocked - so the shower cannot over heat.

The PRD should only leak water when the shower is actually on, even if it has opened. I might be wrong, but I think once they have opened, they need to be replaced. Is the shower flexible clear of obstructions?

Yes that is exactly what I was thinking, there is no problem with the actual water flow or anything like that the PRD would have to work.

The actual PRD it not leaking, only the the pipe it is attached to where the shower hose fixes.

The shower is flexible from obstructions, also tried another hose (from my bath) and it is also leaking, however I doubt the actual hose would have to stop the water from dripping right? The water shouldn't be coming from there unless the shower is turned on?

Cheers for the quick reply!

Sponsored Links
If water continues to flow from the outlet ( where the hose connects),with power " OFF", then the solenoid isn't fully closing.

It reads as if you may have two problems - The valve / tap is passing and there is a split in the plastic pipework. They are so cheap nowadays, they are not worth repairing any major issues with the cost of parts from the manufacturer.

This would mean that the whole solenoid valve with the coil needs to be replaced right? or would the coil be enough ?

No ,not the coil, the rest of it. To be frank ,I would fit a new complete shower unit. At seven years age ,it's likely you are wasting money on repairs.

This would mean that the whole solenoid valve with the coil needs to be replaced right? or would the coil be enough ?

No, more likely it will be the actual valve part than any issue with the solenoid - unlikely you could buy one without the other, but you still have an unidentified leakage from somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back