Triton Aspirante Topaz 10.5Kw not heating above 40°C

What BAS is considering for himself (having a 9kW electrical instant water heater as a back-up for the boiler-supplied hot water) is fair enough, but his suggestion that changing to an electrical instant water heater would be an option for the OP doesn't seem to make much sense, since it would be better to change to a 10/11.5kW electrical shower if the OP really wanted to change to electrically-heated showers.
I think you're getting threads confused.

I wasn't suggesting a 12kW heater as a backup, I was pointing out that a more powerful electric shower than he already has is another "you pays your money" option.

Sponsored Links
I realised that I was cross-referring between threads, but I could not work out why it was being suggested that an option was "to get a 12kW instant water heater and a mixer valve", rather than just a (probably cheaper) electric shower of similar (I suppose 11.5kW) power.

I've never seen a shower > 10.8kW. And a decent one of those, with proper thermostatic control, is in the same price bracket as a 12kW heater.

Sponsored Links
I have similar 'redundancy' to what BAS is considering, by having a (very rarely used) electric shower in one of my bathrooms, just in case the usual source of (relatively cheaply-heated) water is not available.
You've got 3-phase, you could have a seriously impressive electric shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back