Triton Electric Shower problem

Hey Seco , You don`t know me from Adam , so how you can comment on what I can or can`t do is beyond me !

I was just giving the advice that I`d give , i don`t fancy going back again and again when other components fail ..... you obviously do :confused:

And how you can compare a BOILER with this apart from both Heating Water there is NO cost comparison !!...... what a load of b*ll*cks !

Lucky

Sponsored Links
Fault on the outlet side of the shower won't cause an inlet fault to give low pressure.
I said that having seen a shower where the pressure sensor did measure the difference between inlet and outlet ports. If the difference in pressure across the heating chamber was too low ( meaning too little water flow ) then the pressure warning light was lit and the shower shut down.

I accept that many showers do not make a comparison, they assume the outlet pressure is almost zero and run as long as the inlet pressure is high enough. If for any reason the water flow is too low due to back pressure at the outlet then safety is "assured " by the thermal trips operating before the water can become dangerously over heated.l

Sponsored Links
so how you can comment on what I can or can`t do is beyond me !

By your attitude.

I was just giving the advice that I`d give , i don`t fancy going back again and again when other components fail ..... you obviously do :confused:

Then your not very competent at telling if a shower is economic to maintain or throw in the towel for a new one.

You come across more of a jack of all trades master of none.

Sorry Fella (or Missus) you have the attitude

I`m happy with my competency , maybe you question your own sometimes ??

No further comment to make

Lucky

Sorry Fella (or Missus) you have the attitude
Your the one getting the belly ache and jumping to the defence.
I`m happy with my competency , maybe you question your own sometimes ??

Reading my posts it really looks like it.
222.gif

Hi, hope Seco services is about!

Just ran the shower and, as usual, it shut down after 5 mins. I immediately checked the votage at solenoid coil and it was 240V. And the Coil resistance read 3.95!!!
Have come specially down with a new coil, fully expecting the coil to give no reading and then to fit new one.

What do I do now - any ideas?

Disregard last post - replaced the solenoid coil and problem solved!

Thanks to all and sorry to Seco for last post which seemed to doubt his diagnosis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back