Triton Jade II - thermal cut out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the thermal cut out has gone on my Jade II shower - intermittent hot and cold water.

Now, my question is, is it worth me changing the thermal cut out - £18 inc postage for the part, or should I change the shower for one that Screwfix have on offer - about £58 inc postage

The shower is about 3 years old, and I'm wondering what else will go wrong with it should I change the thermal cut out.

The unit gets used about 6 times a week, light use and is in as new condition - apart from the fault obviously!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oops, sorry, I've managed to put this in the wrong topic.

Here's hoping I have better luck repairing my shower!

I think the thermal cut out has gone on my Jade II shower - intermittent hot and cold water.

Now, my question is, is it worth me changing the thermal cut out - £18 inc postage for the part, or should I change the shower for one that Screwfix have on offer - about £58 inc postage

The shower is about 3 years old, and I'm wondering what else will go wrong with it should I change the thermal cut out.

The unit gets used about 6 times a week, light use and is in as new condition - apart from the fault obviously!

Thanks
not sure why you posted this in the plastering section better off in the plumbing or electric section , but if it was me i would change over the cut out, as if you put the new shower in you will have to pay a sparky to do it and it will have to be signed off with a miner works certificate, too much agro if you ask me just swap the faulty part over

Sponsored Links
After a 33 day diet I bet they are slim enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back