Triton Safeguard T100 Element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm pulling my hair out with this shower unit!

I wasn't getting any water flow at all because of a faulty valve so the TCO also popped.

I've replace the TCO and Solenoid(the solenoid was actually fine but the diaphragm was internally shot) both replacements are genuine.

I've commissioned the unit and now have great water flow but now even at it's max setting the water is lukewarm at best, hardly warm enough to stand under. grr

I'm not an electrican but i understand the heating element has two internal elements one a little larger than the other. I've isolated the unit and have measured the resistance on each pole.

Is this a normal reading? pics attached

Attachments

• 20161114_133933.jpg
    20161114_133933.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 104
  • 20161114_133941.jpg
    20161114_133941.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Well in accordance to the showerdoc video in the link you provided the elements should be fine with my readings.

I've no idea where to go from here.

triton showers are cheap, its often better to just replace the whole thing, they don't last either max is about 6 years.

Sponsored Links
The triton safeguard models are hardly cheap though and I've came to the conclusion the temperature control valve is also broken, I've ordered this from showerspares.com @ £58,
I'm shocked to see the showerdoctor charges £130 for this part as i wouldn't have paid that.

Sure i could've just bought another shower but i got the commited and determined.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back