Trouble at mill.

Why don't you address the difficulties labour will have in winning back red wall seats as per thread title (trouble at mill) rather than getting all hot and bothered about posts pointing out the problems labour will face.

Comd to think of it, I wonder what discussions are allowed at the Conservative Party conference. Do Mermaids have a stall there?

Sponsored Links
So did you mean by "Exclude"

That they wish to prevent such men joining their group?

What do you say they want to exclude such men from?
They want to exclude transgender people from women only groups.
I suspect you know that already.

Their 'Declaration' does not overtly explain that they are anti-trans, nor are they simply "Labour" politically based.
Their 'Declaration' is not an honest representation of what they are nor what they do.
But their other literature shows that they are anti-trans.
For example, their declaration states:
"7. We condemn all attempts to undermine or limit the rights of women to self-organise and call on the Labour Party and the trades union movement to actively support these essential freedoms."
As far as I am aware, there are no attempts to undermine the rights of women to self-organise. And as far as I am aware, the Labour party and the Unions do support their essential freedoms.

They want to exclude transgender people from women only groups.

I suppose they can exclude whoever they want from their own group. They obviously do not have the power to exclude anybody from other groups.

I suppose they can exclude whoever they want from their own group.
Within the remit of the legislation, yes.
We are all subject to legislation, and we all have to behave within its framework.
We're all free to campaign for changing its framework.
But some campaigns are best not suited to political conferences.

Sponsored Links
Jo Swinsons one of them where are they now questions. 11 seats they managed and in the election in 2015 under Clegg 8.

Sorry, on many fronts, I can't be bothered with all this trans stuff. I'm all for equality and people being treated fairly, however with some of these folk and groups, if you don't subscribe to their view 100%, if you debate against it even slightly, you're immediately labelled transit, oops sorry transist. Look at the hassle JK Rowling got herself in for tweeting about the phrase 'people who menstruate' being used instead of 'women who menstruate.' Threats, so-called friends and colleagues abandoning her for fear of damaging their tree-hugging public personas.

There are now very real concerns about certain medical establishments starting procedures with boys/girls who were either not given sufficient time to consider options or were possibly too young in the first place.

And some of the stories we see reported are true e.g. (made up example to make my point) Toby the Tiger, mascot for an amusement park, changed to Blossom the Cloud so as not to reinforce gender stereotypes or cause distress to guests.

Or stories about Billy the Bulldog, 6'5", built like a brick sh1house, stubble tougher than steel. No one messes with Billy. Billy got convicted of yet another serious crime and was locked up ... in a women's prison ... cause he became Brenda 3 months ago. Then, whilst in prison, he rapes an actual (real) woman.

What a load of old sh1t.

Last edited:
There are now very real concerns about certain medical establishments starting procedures with boys/girls who were either not given sufficient time to consider options or were possibly too young in the first place.
I assume you are referring tot he Tavistock centre. Have you read the actual report, or are you relying on social media for your factual details?
As I remember it, there was 1 case of someone complaining that their puberty blocker was poorly communicated.
And the other issue was that there was only one clinic offering such advice, on trans issues, so, a) there was insufficient choice or facilities, and b) having only one such establishment failed the possibility of having "peer review" of issues.
If you know of any other issues or incidents (real ones, not social media speculation) please present them for our perusal.

And some of the stories we see reported are true e.g. (made up example to make my point) Toby the Tiger, mascot for an amusement park, changed to Blossom the Cloud so as not to reinforce gender stereotypes or cause distress to guests.
Please don't conflate the change of a mascot for an amusement park with trans gender issues. :rolleyes:
If it had been about transgender issues, they could have changed it to Tommie the tiger. :rolleyes:

Or stories about Billy the Bulldog, 6'5", built like a brick sh1house, stubble tougher than steel. No one messes with Billy. Billy got convicted of yet another serious crime and was locked up ... in a women's prison ... cause he became Brenda 3 months ago. Then, whilst in prison, he rapes an actual (real) woman.
Any links to this "story"?

Just to make it clear, I am not anti-trans, just the pushing by certain bodies to have them normalized, Mental health issues need addressing .
It is estimated that there are about 0.6% of the world's population that are transgender. That might look like a small number of people, but it's actually nearly 50,000,000 people.
I suspect that's a sufficiently high number of people to make them 'normal'.
How many plumbers are there in the world? (There's about 450,000 listed in USA.)
The percentage of plumbers of the population of USA is about 0.00012878787878788%
So do you think it's fair to say that being transgender is more normal than being a plumber?

Of course, that's a silly comparison. But it puts into perspective the frequency of transgender people.
They're more frequent (avoiding the word 'common') than plumbers. ;)

Last edited:
Just to make it clear, I am not anti-trans, just the pushing by certain bodies to have them normalized, Mental health issues need addressing .
so trans isnt a real thing........ its just people that have mental health issues

It is estimated that there are about 0.6% of the world's population that are transgender. That might look like a small number of people, but it's actually nearly 50,000,000 people.
I suspect that's a sufficiently high number of people to make them 'normal'.
How many plumbers are there in the world? (There's about 450,000 listed in USA.)
The percentage of plumbers of the population of USA is about 0.00012878787878788%
So do you think it's fair to say that being transgender is more normal than being a plumber?

Of course, that's a silly comparison. But it puts into perspective the frequency of transgender people.
They're more frequent (avoiding the word 'common') than plumbers. ;)
Hmm depends how you defne both those terms!
I doubt it's as high as 0.6% if you take it as people going about their lives as not the sex they were borne as. But I may be misunderestimating.

Any old knuckledragger can be a plumber and not appear on any list.
They can appear on internet forums though......

Hmm depends how you defne both those terms!
I doubt it's as high as 0.6% if you take it as people going about their lives as not the sex they were borne as. But I may be misunderestimating.
For sure, not everyone that identifies as transgender, genderfluid, or having issues of genital deformity, etc, will be listed as transgender.
I'm sure that many go through their entire lives without coming to terms with their position.

it's strange though that people born with facial or other obvious disfigurements are treated early to correct the problem.
But being born with a genital disfigurement can mean facing bigotry, relationship and family problems and even worse throughput their often short lives.
It's usually quite correct to wait until they approach maturity before any treatment, if required or desired, is decided upon. But they should not be the subject of bigotry and sometimes social disgrace.

Sponsored Links
Back