trouble restarting Glow Worm space saver MKII boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just bought a house with the above mentioned boiler, it was working fine until i turned the gas off (at the meter). The gas is now back on but I cant get the pilot light restarted. I have followed the instructions carefully and can get it to light sometimes when holding in the sliding switch although as soon as i let go of the sliding switch it goes out.

any help will be appreciated, i hope this is enough information?

Sponsored Links
It isn't tewrribly unusual for apparently ok working boilers to suffer problems like this on relighting. There 3 (maybe 4) likely causes, but we can't give gas advice on this forum. As you have just taken over the property you won't have any concept of the boilers track record. I would seriously advise that you engage a RGI, who will get it going, service it and ensure it's safety.

But don't book someone for a "service", you need to explain the situation to ensure that he is prepared for the task.[/b]

Are you holding the switch for at least 30 secs before letting go?

With a new property to you its always a good idea to get the boiler serviced and comments on its condition from a competent engineer.

Your boiler need repair, not a service!

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice, i shall get someone to look at it. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy engineer in BA3?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back