Trouble with a British Gas RC1

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new property and am having trouble using a British Gas RC1

I've successfully paired after reading instructions on this forum
(I've also read other post relating to the same problem - but can't find my answer)

When I increase the temperature, it increases, 'Set' appears and then disappears

On the receiver, when I increase, there red light flashes then goes out - so I guess this means it must be receiving?

Originally the temperature was 21 degrees on the RC1, after pressing the + button a few times and taking it to 30 degrees, it's changed to 23 degrees now

Dumb question: should the boiler be turned on?
I've got a British Gas 330

Any help would be great

Thanks

OM[/b]

Sponsored Links
The temp it goes back to will be the actual room temp!
Yes the boiler should be turned on-or it wont work!
So if u have paired it correct and boiler is on when u increase temp above 23degrees the light should go to green and boiler should fire up.
Red light only indicates power.
Ive never used this perticular stat but this is how most work!

thanks for the reply
when i meant should the boiler be on, i meant, should it be turned to 'constant heating' or 'constant hot water'

right now, the boiler is off

i press the buttons up and down and nothing happens - the same thing... it goes to set and then just goes back

as i said originally: i've definitely paired

any other ideas?

thanks for the reply
when i meant should the boiler be on, i meant, should it be turned to 'constant heating' or 'constant hot water'

i press the buttons up and down and nothing happens - the same thing... it goes to set and then just goes back

any other ideas?

Obviously, if the boiler is switched off,,, You can turn the stat up or down and nothing is going to happen. Put it this way, when your tv is switched off, the remote control won't change channels on it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
pretty sure red light shows alarm, flashing shows receive and green light shows on.

the receivers have a known fault where it won't switch the boiler on even though it has received a signal.

thanks for the reply

any other ideas?

Obviously, if the boiler is switched off,,, You can turn the stat up or down and nothing is going to happen. Put it this way, when your tv is switched off, the remote control won't change channels on it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that explanation helps actually :)
but still: when i have the boiler on and move the stat up and down nothing happens

ok... lets say i have no joy... what are my options?
where do i go to get it looked at? british gas? somewhere else?
thanks

Any decent RGi will be able to sort it, you dont have to have BG just because that is what is stamped on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back