Trouble with an icos ideal boiler,

Tramp, no one has actually said to you that as a DIYer you should not be doing repairs to those parts of your boiler involved with the combustion aspects.

That includes PCB and electrodes.

I think you have done quite well but we cannot advise you because of forum rules.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I get the feeling that someone is trying to trap people into giving illegal advice on this forum but
let me tell you what you have done is highly illegal and has already put lives at risk.Why do you
think gas fitters have to be registered in the first place. Stop what you're doing now get a RGI in
to sort it and set it up and stop pxxxxxg about with people's fxxxxxg lives

Thread update - I like to keep things current so other people searching threads for advice can find some. Not that everyone here would appreciate that.

So I had someone out to have a look, it was diagnosed as a holed flue pipe, unfortunatly these are aluminium on these boilers and prone to corrosion, they are also now an obsolete part,

This is my flue
162A3ED2-9E2B-41F0-8158-562AB8C84F6E_zpsasaevkzl.jpg

So I've had my boiler replaced, thanks for all the advice given. I'm sorry if anyone felt like I was trying to 'entrap' them into giving more advice than they were comfortable with,

Sponsored Links
money spent on parts is not nessecary when you have the right tools to do the job ;) , getting a gas engineer was the only smart move you made in this circumstances and it has been proved , but glad you got it sorted thou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back