trouble with mosaic tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently put up some mosaic tiles in my kitchen and have grouted them. However when i have come to clean them, i cant get the grout out of the small indents in the tile. The tiles are about a inch square, they are also black and the grout is white,so it really shows up. I have tried a kitchen brush with warm water and a dry cloth but with no luck. I dont know what else to use, as i dont want to damage or take the shine off my tiles. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
lithofin cement away, after using you will need to regrout, just make sure you clean the indents out before it dries next time

Thanks for your reply :D . I did clean my tiles last time, i was wiping them consistantly but still got the problem :cry: Any further ideas ?

make sure you clean all nooks and crannies! you say you were cleaning them last time but still have a dirty tile problem!

i am actually assuming you are using ceramic tiles, if not, you need to get yourself some sealer as well as the cement away, if they are natural there is also no full guarantee youll ever get them clean again, the product for sealing thats best on natural i find is again by lithofin called stain stop

Sponsored Links
Depends upon how deep the indents are ?
Are they tiny holes ? Or ridges ?
You may really struggle getting anything other than surface residue off
the tiles

You would usually fill these holes with grout anyway - if you chose a colour of grout that complements the tiles it's not a problem.

Thanks for your replies :) I suppose now putting white grout with black tiles wasnt such a good idea now but thats how they were displayed in B&Q and they looked ok. The tiles are metallic matt, glass mosaic with some deep small holes and are unsure wheather they are ceramic tiles :confused: So would i still need lithofin cement or would a grout removal with a toothbrush do it ? :confused:

yes mate get the cement away still, its your best bet to remove the pesky grout with least effort

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back