True Boss - 7yrs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lance Armstrong --- Tour de France --- Has there ever been a more dominant, fitter, athelete and team leader .... real 'Bionic man'?
;)

Sponsored Links
Eddy Merckx won TDF 5 times... spelt with a 'c', but not, thankfully, for 'cancer' which Armstrong has also beaten.

Was that Harm Jensen?

Here is some awful cycling news ....Click
:eek:

Nope, Jan Jansen (translated in English would ge John Johnson). First Dutch to win the tour in 1968.
And lets not forget Hinault, but he was a bit of an arogant b(bleep) I always thought.

Jan Ulrich, 'never heard of again'

See here for history

pipme said:
Here is some awful cycling news ....Click
:eek:

Terrible when these kind of thing happens.

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
Nope, Jan Jansen (translated in English would ge John Johnson). First Dutch to win the tour in 1968.
Blimey, he won it a few times, very few !! Real push-bikes back in those daze ... Plenty of the funny stuff too IIRC.

Bicycles !! I lived on, near enough, a plateau in those far off days... going was always downhill, free and exuberant, coming home, bl##dy hard graft and miserable !
:D :D :D

pipme said:
Blimey, he won it a few times, very few !! Real push-bikes back in those daze ... Plenty of the funny stuff too IIRC.

Yeah I know, but he is well remembered in NL for that fact,so he comes quickly to mind ;)
Most humorous cyclist from NL was Kneteman, never won the tour, but always some day-prices. Lots of Dutch tour cyclist lived around our area (near the Belgium border, in easy reach for the cycle events before and after the Tour. They made a lot of money out of that).

Flat countryside must nurture cycling .....
Aren't the cyclists, in company with Jockeys the fittest sports people?
:mad:

jockeys aint fit they are all bulemic skinny little things bless em

sad story that about the bikers me being one makes your think about your safety

Bought a bike when living in Gloucester, actually faster than a car in rush hour, EXCELLENT!!! Moved back to Redditch, Worc's. (hilly) Ouch me legs !!!!

Sponsored Links
Back