truss spacing 600mm but wheres

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
The length of my roof will be 9.4m with a 100mm cavity between 2 100mm blocks. I will be using 600mm spacing on my trusses and from the both ends of the gable the trusses will be 50mm from the gable. When i take away the 600mm for my 2 cavity walls both sides then take away 50mm each end of my walls for the first trusses on both ends, im left with 8.7m. when i divide this by 600 im left with 14.5. Will there need to be 14 or 15 trusses ordered. where will the extra 0.5(300mm) be if i only order 14. Or do i just leave a larger gap between the first truss and the gables.

= 8.9
= 8.8
divide by .600
= 14.5

Sponsored Links
Why not let your truss surveyor plan it out?

The gable trusses are either distanced by the gable ladder or placed in an ideal position of about 60mm from the masonry. Adding another 50mm to that gap won't make much difference as the ladder noggs are supported by the masonry.

On the other hand, one extra truss aint gonna cost a hill o' beans.

Why not let your truss surveyor plan it out?

The gable trusses are either distanced by the gable ladder or placed in an ideal position of about 60mm from the masonry. Adding another 50mm to that gap won't make much difference as the ladder noggs are supported by the masonry.

On the other hand, one extra truss aint gonna cost a hill o' beans.

There is no roof ladder on this roof. Here in Ireland (Donegal) the county councils are bringing back flush eaves on newbuilds which hasnt no overhang for soffits anymore. Same as the front!!

I will purchase the extra truss if needed but wanted to find out if it is needed within the measurements.

Sponsored Links
Because you can't have 14.5 spaces so it's 15. And it's 15 spaces so you need to add one for a truss on the end.

He could do then at 520mm spacings and reallr pi$$ off the plasterboard peeps.:mrgreen:

(just a joke, go for 600mm c/c)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back