TRV problems?

xild said:
I think your comments were aimed at Joytim.
It wasn't.

If you take the heads off TRV's they don't wotk and the system needs balancing.
OK - I understand and apologise; I thought you were advocating balancing with the heads on.

Sponsored Links
Sorry i thought they were aimed at the OP.
Apology accepted.

Xild wrote

If you take the heads off TRV's they don't wotk and the system needs balancing.

The system needs balancing regardless if trvs are fitted or not.

The TRVs have "acl lifestyle" written on them if it helps.

I missed this in your original post, otherwise I would not have asked what, to Softus, was a stupid question.

ACL Lifestyle are now know as Drayton, part of the Invensys Group.

The Commissioning instructions, posted earlier, are written with Drayton TRVs in mind, but the method given will apply to any make of TRV.

And, just in case Softus still thinks that you don't need to balance radiators with thermostatic valves, there is a very interesting calculator in the Danfoss-Randall website which tells you the correct setting depending on factors such as the flow rate, heat output and temperature differential

Download Danfoss TRV sliderule (Flash)

Sponsored Links
D_Hailsham said:
...I would not have asked what, to Softus, was a stupid question.
That's an assumption, the making of which appears to be a habit with you.

That isn't a case, it's a rod for your own back.

I did not realize what an expert you are on all things DIY. :!:

13193 posts, and still counting, in three years on Plumbing, Electrics, Tiling, Computers, Mortgages etc etc. That's an average of 12 posts a day. How do you find time to actually earn a living?

I just don't understand why anyone else bothers to contribute to these forums when you obviously have more expertise than all the others.

All

Many thanks for all the valuable advice... I'm glad my original question resulted in such an entertaining thread!

The trouble with e-mail/forums is the way the written word can be misinterpreted... having said that, I'm sure most of us got the same end of the stick as the others (notice how cleverly I named no-one, therefore ensuring that each one of you assumes I think along the same lines!)

Seriously, I am grateful for all the advice.; over the coming evening I will employ various methods to hopefully diagnose the problem (if indeed there is one). I'm sure some balancing will be needed and, until now, was not even aware this was an option.

Will get in touch if I'm still having trouble.

Many thanks

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back