TRV the range?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two rooms both with TRV fitted. Having problems over and under heating of rooms. Idea is to use a mobile Horstmann HRFS1 Programmable Room Thermostat in the occupied room. What will I need to do with the TRV? Already set as good as I could get them with visits to house will I need to do something with them or will moving the thermostat room to room work without worrying about the TRV?

Original had Honeywell Y6630D Wireless Room Thermostat with Honeywell ST9100C1006 7 day time switch the latter a complete waste of space as switched off rather than switching to another temperature. The thermostat was in hall and room temperature varied with wind direction.

Problem is mothers house so not there to fine tune.

Sponsored Links
Brilliantly described, I can picture the whole thing. Not confusing at all.

My worry is thermostat and TRV fighting for control. If TRV set too low then central heating will not turn off. If set too high when thermostat is in the other room that room will get too warm.

If TRV controls +/- 5°C then OK but if they control +/- 1°C then could be a problem. It would be great if I could set TRV to 24°C and the thermostat to 21°C all would work A1. But TRV is marked * 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 so what is 24°C?

Sponsored Links
I have found a PDF giving temperature to setting numbers, but it seems there are three Drayton units without even looking at other makes. So a TRV4 needs to be on number 4, a RT414 needs to be on number 5, and a RT212 needs to be on number 4. Well it's not a TRV 4 but to my untrained eye can't tell difference between RT414 or RT212. How do I work out what number to set at?

Forget it, today asked the question were you warm enough, answer was I have not thought about it, so it would seem the Horstmann HRFS1 Programmable Room Thermostat has cured all problems if it's not broke don't fix it so not doing anything it will does as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back