TRV vs Room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently upgraded to a worcester 30CDI boiler, fitted with a clock.

All the rads in my house have TRV's fitted, however i am wondering if i also need a room stat fitted, hence this post.

The reason i say this is that once the clock "on" time has been reached my boiler is pretty much always on until the clock "off" time has been reached and it is only controlled by the internal stat.

Is this the most economical way to run my boiler? I was thinking it would be better if i get a wireless stat and place it in my livingroom (slowest to warm and the largest room) and control the temp of the upstairs bedrooms with the TRV's.

The livingroom has two 1200 KS rads with TRV's fitted, my thought would be to have the TRV's turned to max and let the stat do the controlling.

What is the most economical way to manage my heating?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Interesting.

Why is it part of the building regs, is it down to energy efficiency?

OK, thanks for that.

So would it be recommended to put the stat in my livingroom with the TRV's on at full or place it somewhere else in my house?

In a room where no trv's are fitted, normally the lounge.

OK, well the rads in the lounge have TRV's fitted. Would a way round this be to just open them up to the max?

If you look in FAQ, you will find the whole lot explained, what where and why.

I'm having a look but can't see the info anywhere, doing a search for "TRV's" within the page gives me nothing.

Can you help me out as to the where the info on the FAQ's is located please?

Do you have a fire, either electric or gas? If so, DONT put it in the lounge as chances are you'll use the fire and heat the stat turning the heating off.

Hall like I say is best place.... take the trv head off

No, the only source of heat in the lounge is the two rads with the TRV's.

Does this make the wireless stat in the lounge an option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back