TRV4 Oddity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted TRV4's that I had in stock, when I had a new boiler installed 18 months ago. All work fine, except for one and I have not been able to work out why this one is different.

Pushing the pin in, it stops the flow. Fitting the head, even when the ring is tight, the head is free to rotate - so the body as to be held to adjust it. It doesn't actually manage to control the temperature all, it seems the valve is wide open all of the time.

I have swapped the head with known good ones from other locations, but the result is the same. The valve look identical, the heads look identical. Has anyone come across this before?

It seems as if the operating point of the brass pin is maybe too deep in the valve - For now, I have found a tiny tap washer is a perfect fit in the head and still allows the head to control the temperature or turn it off completely.

Sponsored Links
The head is not held in place properly. It should not be able to fully rotate.
Could be something wrong with the threads on the valve body, or where the head locks onto the body.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back