ts690 alarm will not set after power cut

Go on indulge me one last time.

How did you reset the codes?

Clearly and concisly what did you do? Dont tell us what you think you did.
Tell us exactly what steps you took. Even if you have to quote the page numbers and paragraphs.

If your not going to just say, but no more running in circles please, facts or nothing.

g

Sponsored Links
A relearn is not needed after a code change. IIRC

So you have just answered your own question.
Or rather mine. What else have you touched?

ENG 1 Opt 4 is how to program zones.
ENG 2 Opt 4 is a code change.
I think you did not get into Menu 2 at first and have changed a critical zone or zones.
You can also see the keypads being removed and added. Hence the relearn required.

There is still more here than being said.
This is now a waste of time without dialing into the system or seeing it.
Time to call in someone.

A relearn is not needed after a code change.

There is still more here than being said.
This is now a waste of time without dialing into the system or seeing it.
Time to call in someone.

^^^^^^^^

QFA

geoffjenny,

you've got to the stage where you can't see the wood for the trees.

Been playing too long and have forgotten all that you have done , every action has a re-action, get the idea.

Also understanding some of the more basic alarm terms would be a great help.

Definitely time to do a full reset back to factory and start again or, better still, get someone in.

Sponsored Links
geoffjenny,

you've got to the stage where you can't see the wood for the trees.

Been playing too long and have forgotten all that you have done , every action has a re-action, get the idea.

Also understanding some of the more basic alarm terms would be a great help.

Definitely time to do a full reset back to factory and start again or, better still, get someone in.

i understand that all actions have a reaction and i understand that you all believe that i have touched something but i honestly do not think this is the case - i have been very careful not to play around with the engineers menu and have only performed health checks walk tests bell tests and viewing of circuits but i have not played with anything i have been very careful not to press enter at any point where an instruction manual has not asked me to - we did do the factory reset i believe which is why it is back to default code settings as per instructions pasted above, in case there was something amiss and that didn't work - thanks for your courtesy and advice and i apologise about not using the correct terminology but i don't know it
just finally before i go i just wonder if

alarm system mains power cut - alarm goes off - code in on to battery backup - but took too much out of the battery so new battery needed - probably had warned us battery low and we did nt notice.

instead of normal showing what set alarm off asked for engineer is there nowhere where the system has to be rearmed if bth electricity and battery go or somehow this has caused the issues

my personal advice would be to contact a local alarm company near you to come out and re program it for you,

they might advise that you up grade the control panel, but you don't have to if you cannot afford to / want to,

but it will be easier for you to get a pro in to sort it out as you knowledge of alarms is a bit low, no offence intended, but you should really get a local firm in.

ask you work mates / neighbours for reccomendations, and always get three quotes for the work, but don't go for any of the national firms as they will just want to fit what they use.

also ensure that you retain the access codes that you want to use.

hope this helps

Oasis

Exactly, we could have this reprogrammed and tested within the hour (if the panel isnt goosed). Is it worth all this mither really>?

Also i suggest you remove that defaulting info from the thread please.

Jeezzzze, every answer is not good enough as its what you dont want to hear.

YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO THE SYSTEM wether you frimly believe it or not. 3 people with over 70 years of experience and knowing these panels backwards say you have.

Please get someone in.

And remove the quotes from "the internet".

Hi people u sound like all three of u know what u r talking about so id like to ask a question.....

I to have a ts690 in my wifes salon the main supply fuse blew a couple of days ago ( not to my knowlegde :mad:, and now the sounder is intermitant beeping i have ran a temp supply to it this morning but it alarms straight away having tried to put in our pass code no response just contact enginee.r im a sparky with little knowlegde of this alarm system but could i ask if there is any way i can power up and disconnect sounder so i can asses further

Regards Martin the magnificant

a grateful thanks to those who tried to help us we are truly grateful
a big question mark to those who found it necessary to smatter their answers with discourtesy - was that necessary - we all have skills and knowledge others do not - why answer on a website people go to for help in such a mean way
system is fully operational without calling out an engineer - treated it like you would a computer and simply removed both the battery and mains power booted it back up - no loss of info - all systems go

:D

You had rebooted it according to your log, thats what on site restart means?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back