ts690 alarm will not set after power cut

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmmmm 4 digit code?

If so, was this on Police response and now your not paying for it?

Good call `96

answer to that is yes but when we purchased the house we had the red care disconnected by the alarm company who originally installed it as we did not want it directly to the police - so we paid them to come out service it remove the red care but I believe it needs to be reset by the engineer it is now allegedly an audible only system

can't get in touch with them as their number just rings out???
if you tap code enter 3 just goes back to system open

does anyone know what has happened to ace security in chesterfield as this is our original alarm company and their number is just constantly engaged

Sponsored Links
Would you kindly give us all the information. Not just glimpses.
What does it say in the logs?

A system going to OPEN with no indications will set in most if not all circumstances.

Manual http://www.coopersecurity.co.uk/repository/products/893219317.pdf

What have you "played" with exactly, as you mention tampers and "kicking off " the panic button.

Logs are the first we need to look at, if you could type them as they appear it would be helpful. Forget times and dates just the notifications. With last date and first. Go back twenty events for now.

thanks to everyone trying to help

latest situation - read another site where someone had something similar - did engineer reset and they were ok - followed instructions meticulously and have reset engineers code to default and completed relearn

the system is open and if we try to arm the alarm with code plus zero just beeps and goes back to open - if check log simply says passcode 01 has been entered does not register we have even tried to arm alarm???

I still reckon there is a panic active or a tamper or something. If it gives a low error tone when trying to set, there IS a fault. Bet if i turned up, i could tell you in 20 seconds. Programme these in my sleep, we have 100's out there.

Stop being tight, for the sake of a call out it'll be sorted, properly. Just make sure the co is familiar with Menvier equipment,

Agreed 20 seconds in front of the panel would give me all the info I need to sort this.
As my learned friend 9651 says your not being totally honest and are being tight.
Get in someone to have a look.

You have not done as requested and given the logs, just a recent event.
So there is something there hiding from us.
As for looking on another site, are you unsure we do not know this system?
Have a think, we have told you what to expect, where to look.

TS690 = baby
Try a TS2200 TS2500
M2000
Really.
You insult us.

Never worked on a 2200

Our staple panels were 690 for the smaller simple stuff, 900's for use of wards. Super stable imo

Also got a few 2500's on schools ~150 zones, mixture of HW/iD multiple wards, oh joys lol! :)

Just a boy then ;)

Got a few Gals out there fully loaded 520`s and rocking.

900`s are/were fantastic panels.

How you getting on with the new regs?
Not a lot changed really but back to PTS again.........All those old ones now comply lol !!!!!

Bit iffy about a confirmed HUD though........was discussed on the other side a bit was it not.

i am always totally honest - if i have omitted any info - it is because i did not know it was relevant - i am not tight i am retired early due to ill health and as a long time worker do not receive any assistance so have to watch the finances and like you i knw it is just something simple so if i could avoid a charge that i can ill afford that would have been great

Then with the link given give us the log events.
And if you hold back any information although we are good at times we are not mind readers.

And that one without a modem attached I cannot dial into and look myself.

not sure exactly what you want by log events just shows code entered and the various things we have been into remembering i am an amateur would you tell me exactly where you want me to look and how to do it thanks

now have system back to 1234 for engineer and 5678 for user have 3 circuits showing tamper all the rest are healthy but those circuits are not used this is what we originally thought the problem was as one is the exit door - for some reason when we had the alrm company in to disable the redcare they changed the circuit of the front door from 10 to 32 and i have no idea why 10 is shwing tamper als there are 2 unnamed circuits 33 and 34 shwing tamper but the do not represent anything

did not tell you this before as did not want to confuse things

So you have a ID panel.

See, small info means so much.
Not giving all the info confuses even more.

You have played in the engineers programing and goofed it big time. Also a possible ID chip fault, hence the change of zone numbers if they were changed anyway. And that was the only ID Chip number allocation he had. They number 1-30.
31-32 are on a keypad 33-34 are on another keypad, so you have two keypads from what your saying.

Again the log gives the information and again you feel it is not of interest.
I have now had enough, I have asked for all the info and logs yet you still refuse as you seem to not like answers given.

I am not a mind reader,But I now know 99% what is the issue. The main ones being a ID chip problem you cannot fix and as above a blunder in the programing.

And a large part of non disclosure about the logs.
So have fun.
I hate my time being wasted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back