ts690 alarm will not set after power cut

no idea what an id pad is - have an alarm keypad in the hall and another in the bedroom that's all - have not 'played around' in the engineers menu just reset the code exactly as per the manual NOTHING ELSE for user and engineer just in case we had muddled something when trying to remove the call engineer

Sorry you feel your time has been wasted - no idea why you appear so cross - all that has happened is a perfectly wrking alarm has had a pwer cut gne wrg and will now cost me money i can ill afford to fix and as i think it is something simple hoped i could avoid this with a bit of help

do not know how to read logs does not seem to be anythin in it apart from showing entering of cde and nothing happening - but to those who tried to help thanks

Sponsored Links
ID pad ???, your not even reading the replies given to you are you.
Again you do not wish to give the logs out.
You suggest nothing is in them, how clever of you. I/Others are more qualified to interpret them. And AGAIN the links given show you how to read them.
Simple as you say? Well give the information requested, 3 pages now and you still will not.

Cross?
No, bored of someone not liking the answers given.
I think it is easier to make gold from lead than get this information from you.

geoffjenny,

if it helps you to understand a little more, the Log that you're being asked for is capable of holding the last 700 events, working backwards through it, it would be possible to give you all the information you need about your problem.

Get the idea? That's what Logs are for.

To view the Log

1. From the unset (open) mode enter your passcode and press [ENT] twice to select user menu 2.

2. Whilst user menu 2 is selected. Press [9] to select the view log option.

3. The display will show themost recent event, see log event codes. To navigate through the log, use the [A] and [C] keys to scroll backwards and forwards.

4. The key can be used to display addition information for the select event, the type of information displayed will depend on the remote keypad type that is being used:
a) When using LCD remote keypads the can be used to display circuit text.
b) When using LED or Starburst remote keypads the can be used to display the time, date and time (minutes & Seconds).

5. To return the system to the open mode press [ESC] three times.

Sponsored Links
Just a boy then ;)

Got a few Gals out there fully loaded 520`s and rocking.

900`s are/were fantastic panels.

How you getting on with the new regs?
Not a lot changed really but back to PTS again.........All those old ones now comply lol !!!!!

Bit iffy about a confirmed HUD though........was discussed on the other side a bit was it not.

I've aways prefered PTS/lock set tbh. The systems we had, where we could......Chubb lock as final, door as night with access, along with sensor in foyer/hall, done. Then they changed, too many grey areas with interpretation of regs.. Its not affected me directly yet on the tools.... Not sure what our local forces are requesting for HUD (HUA's - that'll take some getting used to!) Am I right in thinking either sequential, or the usual audio/visual??

We can install to old regs till May iirc? We'll get the full low down in the next few weeks I will imagine!

have the info from the log that you wanted (i think)
will start with directly after the power cut

battery fault
tamper 17
tamper 16
tamper 09
tamper 08
tamper 07
etc down to 01
ac off
system open
remote added 02
remote added 01
ac restored
rem removed 01
rem removed 02
code tamper 01
call back 01
on site restart
ac restored
onsite restart
ac off
ac restored
walk test
code tamper 01
we changed date and time
rest of the logs are just code 01 or code 00 or walk test but
we do not now ever see system open on the log but the keypad either says ace security or system open

more info gladly available
thanks for trying to help
note we did put a new battery in it just in case

When you reset the codes............you shorted out the reset pins did you?

If its iD, the biscuits need learning back in if the panels been defaulted., its in the manual.

However judging by the log it hasn't been? Irrc on site restart is just a power up? It been a while since i've done anything other that additions or RI on a 690 mind you!

Well its still got "ACE Security" aparently, but all codes are at default. But as all the info is all over the shop who knows.

Mind you it does (?) default eng code like the 900?

Here we have a fine example of why certain manuals should not be in the public domain.

Well its still got "ACE Security" aparently, but all codes are at default. But as all the info is all over the shop who knows.

Mind you it does (?) default eng code like the 900?

Here we have a fine example of why certain manuals should not be in the public domain.

If its a newer 690 (not old grey ES) To reset eng, yes ;))

i'm sorry but i do not know what shorted out the reset pins means

long after it had gone wrong and i could not get it to set i did reset the engineer code to the book default and the master user to the book default in case i had mistakenly scrambled something up - but although i have obviously (very obviously) no knowledge of alarms I have helped fixed computer systems with engineers remotely many times and i have honestly not done anything apart from the following and i followed the instructions meticulously and got each response as per the book
power cut - would not work
said call engineer
whatever we did to remove that happened during the logs i typed but effectively all we did was a walk test set off the downstairs panic button and the message went back to system open
everything seemed fine so we changed the time and date

system would not set although nothing seemed amiss -
purchased new battery
still would not set
went to main panel and performed engineer reset
codes went back to system masters but still will not arm just keeps saying system open or ace security
is it something to do with the rem messages as i do not know what we did to have them in the logs

i'm sorry but i do not know what shorted out the reset pins means do you mean go to the main control box and press engineer reset if so yes we did that eventually but long after it would not work and we had tried a new battery

long after it had gone wrong and i could not get it to set i did reset the engineer code to the book default and the master user to the book default in case i had mistakenly scrambled something up - but although i have obviously (very obviously) no knowledge of alarms I have helped fixed computer systems with engineers remotely many times and i have honestly not done anything apart from the following and i followed the instructions meticulously and got each response as per the book
power cut - would not work
said call engineer
whatever we did to remove that happened during the logs i typed but effectively all we did was a walk test set off the downstairs panic button and the message went back to system open
everything seemed fine so we changed the time and date

system would not set although nothing seemed amiss -
purchased new battery
still would not set
went to main panel and performed engineer reset
codes went back to system masters but still will not arm just keeps saying system open or ace security
is it something to do with the rem messages as i do not know what we did to have them in the logs

Go on indulge me one last time.

How did you reset the codes?

Clearly and concisly what did you do? Dont tell us what you think you did.
Tell us exactly what steps you took. Even if you have to quote the page numbers and paragraphs.

If your not going to just say, but no more running in circles please, facts or nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back