TS690R Jammed indication

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a TS690R wireless alarm system that occasionally, 3-4 times in 10years, gives a jammed indication. I can normally enter our the code to reset the system and it clears. But today it has been in this state, with accompanying beep every 60 seconds, for 9 hours!

I have tried isolating at the mains and removing the battery. No change.

I have tried eliminating all devices that transmit eg phones, iPads, Mac. No change.

The manual just says enter code to stop alarm and consult engineer.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The jamming could be caused by equipment in a neighbour's house. Off air monitoring of the Wireless Channel may identify the source. If the source is equipment that is compliant with the regulations for Licence Exempt Wireless equipment then there is nothing you can do.

Equipment using a Licence Exempt Wireless Channel for communication has to be able to tolerate the use of the Wireless Channel by other users.

This situation is going to get worse as more and more Licence Exempt Wireless equipment is installed.

The jamming is often caused by a low battery in a wireless device which causes it to transmit continuously, saturating the channel. Check batteries in wireless devices including thermostats, alarm sensors, heating oil level sensors etc and replace any that are low.

The jamming could be caused by equipment in a neighbour's house. Off air monitoring of the Wireless Channel may identify the source. If the source is equipment that is compliant with the regulations for Licence Exempt Wireless equipment then there is nothing you can do.

Equipment using a Licence Exempt Wireless Channel for communication has to be able to tolerate the use of the Wireless Channel by other users.

This situation is going to get worse as more and more Licence Exempt Wireless equipment is installed.

Thanks for this info. I’m fairly certain that there is nothing nearby causing this to be jammed all the time for 24 hours. It had happened in the past, but always cleared and usually within 1-2 hrs. I believe now having spoken to someone in the trade, the actual control panel might be at fault as there are some erroneous messages about circuits that don’t exist!

Powered down mains and disconnected battery for 48 hrs. New battery on order and will recommission to see what I get. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for this info. I’m fairly certain that there is nothing nearby causing this to be jammed all the time for 24 hours. It had happened in the past, but always cleared and usually within 1-2 hrs. I believe now having spoken to someone in the trade, the actual control panel might be at fault as there are some erroneous messages about circuits that don’t exist!

Powered down mains and disconnected battery for 48 hrs. New battery on order and will recommission to see what I get. Fingers crossed

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ts690r-jammed-indication.564919/#ixzz6n7ivy4AI

I also replaced batteries in sensors as suggested, but to no avail.

Will see what happens after suggested 48hr power down

The jamming is often caused by a low battery in a wireless device which causes it to transmit continuously,

Continuous transmission is not permitted on the channels allocated to domestic alarms. On 433.xxMHz the maximum duty cycle is 10% and on 868.xxMHz it is 1% OfCom regulations/advisories are HERE

Continuous transmission is not permitted on the channels allocated to domestic alarms.
In my experience some devices don't follow the rules when their batteries get low. I have seen jamming created by an oil tank level sensor, various alarm sensors and wireless thermostats, all with low batteries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back