Turbomax Plus 828E Flue query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Would appreciate some guidance.

My neighbour recently complained about the position of the flue that comes out of the extension wall in our garden - it is almost in line with my neighbour's back window. When my central heating is on, all the steam/gases blow straight towards their window and they have to keep it shut at all times.

They are decent neighbours and asked if there was any way that the flue could be diverted upwards - it currently sticks out of the wall horizontally, about 20cm in length.

Is there such a thing as a simple extension and diverter kit for a flue?

Thanks in advance.

Volks

Sponsored Links
yes there is, you can either gat a plume diverter kit which simple diverts the plume, or better still would be a plume management kit which will move were the flue terminates without moving the flue, both though should be fitted by and RGI

You won't be able to use the plume divertion kit as they are for the Ecotec/Ecomax condensing boilers only. The Turbomax plus is standard efficiency an can only terminate at the wall or through a roof using a vertical flue kit.

So, there is no available solution, other than going vertically up the roof, is that right?

Thinking whether I can just erect piece of plyboard or something that could act as a shield. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
you could phone Valliant and see if they have any ideas, worth a try

your boiler is fitted illegally, you have 2 options,
1) Re-route the flue
2) move or replace the boiler
3) there is no 3, only 1 or 2.

You dont say exactly where the flue discharges. You need about 1.5 m of your own land to discharge across if its non-condensing like yours. Thats 2.5m if its condensing!

A non condensing boiler discharge is mostly colourless and rarely gives rise to complaints.

It sounds as if you have built an extension right up to the boundary and then fitted a boiler to discharge over your neighbours land. You have no right to do that and if they were nasty they could make you stop!

Tony

mickyg can't possible know that as you have given us no measurements, so don't panic as it probably isn't fitted illegally,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back