Turning off alarm????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Not sure if this is written in the right place but Im after some advice.

Ive got an optima xm alarm system that was fitted in 1994. I dont use the alarm and its been sitting quietly for the last two years. Yeserday it decided to go off for no obvious reason. I reset it with the code and then it stops and looks fine except when you go in one room in the house when it goes off again. If I press the code in once the strobe light outside flashes and neighbours come to see if all is OK, if I press the code in twice and leave it on 'day' with a green light - the alarm gos off if i go in a particular room. Ive rang the alarm people but they want £100 to come out - all I want to do is turn it off completely whilst I decide about getting it repaired.

does anyone know how to d this?

thanks

Sponsored Links
its an old panel, pull the mains battery and battery in the bell (in reverse order)

As a temporary fix tape a piece of card over the sensor so it won't see you.

If you are competent (ie a man) take the sensor front off and you will see six wires. One pair will say N/C (normally closed). Take both wires out, twist them together and put them back in either N or C terminal. Then put the lid back on and clear the tamper fault.

As a temporary fix tape a piece of card over the sensor so it won't see you.

If you are competent (ie a man) take the sensor front off and you will see six wires. One pair will say N/C (normally closed). Take both wires out, twist them together and put them back in either N or C terminal. Then put the lid back on and clear the tamper fault.

joe 90 = ****,take no notice of him. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Would you like to point out which part of the advice is wrong - or are you simply making your nonsensical posts as per usual?

Seems absoloutly sensible and correct advice to me.

it would do - your both quite close

so lets see if we got joe`s advice right

" here is how to disconnect an alarm system, leave it like that until the next time the power goes off in which case you can really upset the neighbours again OR until you sell the house and the poor unsuspecting new owner only thinks he`s got an alarm...."

fix it - dont bodge it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back