Turntable and Cassette

Ahhh, but I bet it didn't come with a high end fuse!!! :rolleyes:

I take your £1400 fuse and raise to £2400.

Sponsored Links

Ive just had a closer look at the images - it gets worse...
Screenshot_20230205-184152_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230205-183236_Chrome.jpg
Does anyone else see a red sticker over the brown triangle and letter 'n' of a (fake?) Bussmann fuse?
Screenshot_20230205-183543_Chrome.jpg
No, didn't think so, I must be imagining it! :LOL:

You have got to be joking........£15800 for a mains cable and fuse.

Sponsored Links
You have got to be joking........£15800 for a mains cable and fuse.

If you shop around you can knock at least £2k off that price :)

Seriously though, some people do take their HiFi very seriously.

When my big sis first met my BiL he had £50k+ of Bang Olufsen, he's gone digital now but his speakers are £28k EACH . . . . & he has 4.

I once stood in a shop admiring a £30k set of high end speakers with my son. I loudly said "it's a shame someone has pushed the cones in". Sales manager leapt over the counter in full panic to see only for me to laugh (joke)!. I was asked to leave :D

I might try one of those in my Tandy radio cassette and see if I get any improvement in sound quality.

Found this, to match the turntable:

One reviewer reckons it's good, and another good one is Yamaha KX-593, but I can't find that one.

At the risk of sounding like Mel Smith in that NTNOCN sketch, this unit will plug straight in to the AUX input on the JVC Micro system, won't it?
SS I'm not familiar with the JVC Micro system but if its AUX inputs are via red and white phono sockets, and those inputs are working (you have your Echo Dot in one, can you put it in the other input to test it?), then any of those cassette decks (note that they are secondhand and there will probably be cheaper ones on Ebay) will work.

Also, in an AUX input the cassette deck will only play, not record. For recording you will need tape recording outputs on your amp, which it is unlikely to have. Why not go the whole hog and buy a separate hifi amp?

I might try one of those in my Tandy radio cassette and see if I get any improvement in sound quality.
Don't forget to buy a spare in case the first fuse blows.

Yes, the other AUX input works.

I don't need the ability to dub to cassette, playback only is fine.

Sponsored Links
Back