Tut Tut Timpsons

I have a fire extinguisher to the side of me, and a bucket of sand..so here goes...

As there was nothing wrong with the product, the company is within it's LEGAL rights to refuse to give you your money back. You purchased the item as seen, you accepted it, only later did you realise what a tight git you are and decide to return it.

Personally, whilst i think the manager could have handled it better, I think your a damned fool.

What sort of person buys something, then returns it because "it eas expensive"?? WHAT FOOL PAYS FOR THINGS THEY THINK ARE EXPENSIVE!!

Fella, your either dumb as dog doo doo or a serial anchor and I bet the Manager of that Timpsons was ecstatic to hear you would not return..I would be...

What a time wasting moaning moron you must be... It's idiots like you that are destroying this country..I bet you vote kiss ass liberal too...Idiot!!

Sponsored Links
Plus it's also your fault, that we are losing our EU rebate, we are stuck in Iraq and the NHS is on the verge of collapse.

You and your stinking overpriced umbrella.

mg-graham you have destroyed my faith in human nature. I am a manager in a high street shop and the next time someone asks me for a refund i am going to punch their lights out.

thank you to all those who made really useful comments!! Please try and remember your remarks next time you:

- but too much paint (eg) when decorating and want to return some
- buy/receive a gift that is then un-wanted and try and return it
- your missus buys two items in the clothes shop as she won't decide until later which to keep, and then returns one
- any other 100s of examples .....

I have huge difficulty in believing that none of you have only ever returned items because they are faulty, and not because you simply didn't want it.

And for those of you who are not managing to grasp what I'm saying, THE PRICE OF THE UMBRELLA WAS NOT THE ISSUE. I think £15 is quite reasonable. Had it been £1 I wouldn't have bothered, and if the rest of you can happily forget about £15 then you're all doing very well!

I know they are in they're legal right to refuse a refund but when they have the a no questions asked refund policy. I don't expect to be asked or accused of lying.

And as for being a time wasting, moaning moron, not an accusation I take too seriously from people who spend so much time complaining on web-site forums!

See ya

Sponsored Links
I would think that if the company advertises a no-quibble refund on unused goods, then you have a legal contractual right to take things back. That is the terms they have set for doing business. The issue in court would be whether the goods really were used or not. ido not know whether they would have to prove it was used or whether you would have to prove it was not.

mg.

I think most on here would agree with your main point, and had you taken it back for any other reason than 'it was too expensive', the thread would have panned out differently. We all occasionally get hammered on here for a bad choice of words. Take it on the chin, it'll all be forgotten in a very short time. ;)

Fair enough

the banter has certainly brightened up my Tuesday back at work

Great web-site by the way - has solved all sorts of problems with my combi 105e boiler!

Having never patronised such an emporium as timpsons i was unaware whether they subscribed to a no quibble guarantee hence asking but it seems they do so ditto to the above the company should back up their promotional splurge and give a refund or otherwise take the guarantee claim down.

mg_graham said:
Please try and remember your remarks next time you:

- but too much paint (eg) when decorating and want to return some
- buy/receive a gift that is then un-wanted and try and return it
- your missus buys two items in the clothes shop as she won't decide until later which to keep, and then returns one

GRC - Comparisons with these situations are redundant - you didn't buy a number of umbrellas, unsure of how many you would need, used some then returned the unused ones; you bought one and then had second thoughts about it.
You didn't receive it as an unwanted gift.
You didn't buy two umbrellas and decide to return one of them. Also, I think you should make up your mind before buying the clothes (or other goods) which of them you are going to keep, rather than getting a selection home to make up your mind then.....

Where does your 'make up my mind at home' method of shopping end? Do you buy two TVs, decide at home which has the better picture, then ask the shop for a refund on the other?
Buy two cars, test drive both, then ask for money back on the one you don't like?
Buy two houses, see which one gets the most sun in the morning, ask for a refund on the one that doesn't?

mg_graham said:
I have huge difficulty in believing that none of you have only ever returned items because they are faulty, and not because you simply didn't want it.

GRC - Well, yes, that's what I do. I make sure I need and want stuff before I buy it, at an appropriate price. If I later find it somewhere elsewhere cheaper, I take it on the chin and resolve to do my window shopping better next time.

mg_graham said:
And for those of you who are not managing to grasp what I'm saying, THE PRICE OF THE UMBRELLA WAS NOT THE ISSUE. I think £15 is quite reasonable. Had it been £1 I wouldn't have bothered, and if the rest of you can happily forget about £15 then you're all doing very well!

GRC - .. but the very first thing you said was (and I quote) "However, at £15 this was quite expensive" This suggests the price was an issue, does it not?

Regards, Graham

Women are purported to be more comfortable taking things back then men. How many of we chaps have bought a pair of trousers, not bothered trying them on, getting them home and finding they are designed for a eunuch or a man with very short legs? How many chaps have then bothered to take them back, possibly with a half-hearted comment like "Well, I might lose a bit of weight" and then chuck them in the back of the wardrobe?

Or is that just me?

I don't think I have ever taken something back because "I changed my mind", it has always been a manufacturing defect (buttons fall off first time you open the button fly, crotch splits due to insufficient stitching).

AdamW said:
Women are purported to be more comfortable taking things back then men. How many of we chaps have bought a pair of trousers, not bothered trying them on, getting them home and finding they are designed for a eunuch or a man with very short legs? How many chaps have then bothered to take them back, possibly with a half-hearted comment like "Well, I might lose a bit of weight" and then chuck them in the back of the wardrobe?

Or is that just me?

I don't think I have ever taken something back because "I changed my mind", it has always been a manufacturing defect (buttons fall off first time you open the button fly, crotch splits due to insufficient stitching).

No just you young unmarried blokes, my trousers appear as if by magic in my wardrobe, right size , right length, and allededly fashionable.

Eddie M said:
No just you young unmarried blokes, my trousers appear as if by magic in my wardrobe, right size , right length, and allededly fashionable.

Spoiled brad :!: :D

How do you know they are your trousers??, they might be the other blokes ;) badly fitting ones so he leaves them in your wardrobe and they just so happen to fit you perfectly. :p :p

mg keeps borrocking on about the price NOT being the reason for the return, then he says

mg_graham wrote:

And, as I said at the beginning of the thread, and GRC said at the end,

mg did say this: "However, at £15 this was quite expensive"

If it's "quite expensive", mg, don't f'in well buy it!!!!!!!

DOH!

Sponsored Links
Back